1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Harrington & Richardson 12 gauge. whats it worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by diebog, Dec 29, 2009.

1. diebog

diebog New Member

hello, this is my first post and i recently inherited a 12 gauge single shot from my grandfather. the serial number is A18972, and on the side it reads Harrington & Richardson Arms CO. worcester mass. U.S.A. pat feb 20 & 27:00 Re-enforced breech. i tried taking a pic but it showed up to blurry. im going to try another camera later. the part where it reads fevb 20 & 27:00 im not to clear on, the stamping isnt very deep there. im positive it reads feb 20 & 27....the rest i believe says :)00) the top reads 12GA CHOKE ...........so if anyone has any in site on this that would be much appreciated.

jeremy
  2. diebog

diebog New Member

heres a few pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

this is a variant of the model 1908 meant for duck and goose hunting. this gun most likely manufactured in the late teen's. H&R stopped marking patent dates on their shotguns in sbout 1922 or so.

H&R RENFORCED BREECH (AKA HEAVY BREECH)------1913-1942
    Single Barrel, Large Heavy Frame, Top Lever Break Action, Barrel Lock is Non-Self Adjustable, Three Piece Take Down (Non-Removable Hinge Pin), 12, 16, Gauges (10 gauge added in 1931 & 20 Gauge in 1933), Barrel Length of 30, 32, 34 & 36 inches, Walnut Pistol Griped Butt-Stock and Fore-Arm, Hard Rubber Butt Plate, Frame is Case Hardened and Barrel is Browned, Available as Ejector & Non-ejector, Weight 7 to 7 3/8 Pounds. After 1931 Known as No.6 HEAVY BREECH MODEL but marked “RE-ENFORCED” on frame
    VALUE: 100%=$385 60%=$175 Add 15% premium for 10 gauge (seldom seen)

bill
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  4. diebog

diebog New Member

thanks bill i appreciate it. what is the best way to go about selling it?
  5. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

I know it is your shotgun, but I highly suggest that you keep your grandfather's shotgun.
    Seems the sentimental value should be worth more than the $ 150 - 200 you will get out of it.
    You may be very sorry later on.
  6. diebog

diebog New Member

ya thats true. im just tring to find an excuse to buy a springfield xd 40. ill just keep it. thanks for the input.