Harrington & Richardson .32 Hinge-Framed Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by JShvrs, May 25, 2012.

1. JShvrs

JShvrs New Member

I was looking to see if anyone could help me find out a little bit more about this gun. It's been passed around in my family for a while, and I finally ended up with it and was curious to know more about it. Specifically, I was wondering:

1. When was the gun manufactured? The Serial No. on the gun is J5JR90 (at least from what I can tell, image below). It was manufactured in Worcester, MA.

2. I've seen several pictures of similar revolvers, but none have had the gold-plated trigger and hinge release, and only one had pearl handles. Were those features factory?

3. The cylinder seems to rotate freely unlike most double-action revolvers I've seen, and I've both had people suggest that the cylinder lock is broken and that that is how it is supposed to function. Which is correct?

4. How much is the gun worth? About 95-90% of the nickel-plating remains (no rust, but the finish has a rough texture in places, mainly edges), and about 70-75% of the gold-plating on the trigger and hinge release remains (more plating remains on the trigger than on the hinge release).

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2012