Harrington & Richardson Auto Ejecting 32

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by PaulieP, Mar 3, 2012.

1. PaulieP

PaulieP New Member

I have a Harrington & Richardson Auto Ejecting 32 which is in excellent shape with the exception of the rubber grip. I have found a replacement option, but want to make sure it is the correct one. My gun is nickel with a 3 3/16 inch barrel.
    HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON ARMS CO. WORCESTER, MASS. U.S.A. is stamped on the top of the barrel, and AUTO EJECTING 32 S&W.CTGE is stamped on the side. The SN, 277079 is stamped on the frame under the grip.
    The replacement option I identified is listed as Premier, Auto Ejecting, N Model, and the picture looks identical to my grip. Unfortunately, I don't know if my revolver is the Premier or the N Model. Can anyone tell me if this grip will work, or point me in the right direction if it won't.
  2. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Some images would help answer your question. If you have a small 5 shot then it would be a Premier. The Premier had two basic grips (not including oversize target types): early and late.
  3. PaulieP

PaulieP New Member

Mine is a 6 shot, so obviously not a Premier. I'm working on the pictures. Thanks for your response.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

It's an early to mid 1920's "large frame" NEW MODEL AUTOMATIC/AUTO EJECTING - 6 shooter. You need the grip panels for that model. Not sure what the 'N' model is??? Brain fuzzy right now. Molding on the hard rubber grip panels for all the "auto ejecting" revolvers from that era will have similar/identical features, except as 45 AUTO notes the extended and wrap around "target" grips in walnut or black hard rubber. Don't see too many "large frame" AUTOs with the extended grip panels until early 1930's. Pics will be nice!