1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Harrington & Richardson bolt action 20 ga

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Mark K, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Mark K

Mark K New Member

Here is my latest grab, a beautiful and original model 121. I know bolt actions are not for everyone, but this one holds 6 shells, is smooth and tight, and puts the lead right on target. Do we know when these were made? Thanks, Mark
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

MODEL 120-------------------------------------------------1941-1942
    Bolt Action Repeating, 16 Gauge only 2 ¾ inch chamber, 5 Shot Tubular Magazine (Loads from Bottom), 26 inch barrel Length Either Full or Modified Choke, Safety Located of right Side of Receiver (Blocks Trigger only), Walnut Pistol Griped Stock with Oil Finish, Blue Finish, Ventilated Rubber Recoil Pad, Weight 7½ Pounds.
    H&R Sold the rights to this shotgun to Sears Roebuck & Co., who had High Standard, manufacture it for them.
    VALUE: 100%=$145 60%=$65

MODEL 121-----------------------------------------------1941-1942
    Bolt Action Repeating, 20 Gauge only 2 ¾ inch chamber, 5 Shot Tubular Magazine (Loads from Bottom), 26 inch barrel Length Either Full or Modified Choke, Safety Located of right Side of Receiver (Blocks Trigger only), Walnut Pistol Griped Stock with Oil Finish, Blue Finish, Ventilated Rubber Recoil Pad, Weight 7½ Pounds.
    H&R Sold the rights to this shotgun to Sears Roebuck & Co., who had High Standard, manufacture it for them.
    VALUE: 100%=$145 60%=$65

bill
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  3. Mark K

Mark K New Member

Thanks Bill, your help is much appreciated.

Hard to believe this is almost 70 years old, it must have come through some time warp somewhere. :~)
  4. *LIKTOSHOOT*

*LIKTOSHOOT* New Member

I kinda have a soft spot for the bolt shotgun. I have a JC Higgins 101.25
    A smaller version that loads like a .22 tube fed. 410 full choke. Same condition.

Great snatch!
  5. lapedr

lapedr New Member

Do you know where I could purchse a gunstock for my harrington & richardson model 120 shotgun?
  6. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

7. SmitthyWess

SmitthyWess New Member

I recently acquired this exact shotgun. Only problem is, it was sitting in a storage shed for god knows how long. Most of (if not all) this firearm has moderate rusting. I have a few questions. First off; Is it worth the money to restore this firearm? Are there replacement barrels for this firearm? Also where could one find a magazine for this model? Thanks in advance, I'm fairly new to guns and am enthusiastic about learning.
  8. doubleslover

doubleslover Member

Well, you can see from the posts that your gun is worth $65.00 or less in the condition it is in. Unless this gun has sentimental value to you ,then the answer is no; it isn't worth it if you have to pay someone to do it. It would cost way more than the gun is worth even in top shape. While this gun has no real collector value, even guns that do have are worth less to a collector if they are not original. Now if you want to play around and restore it yourself to get some experience, then have a go at it. Even then though you may still spend more than the gun is worth if you need a barrel and magazine. But you could have some fun in the process.