1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Harrington & Richardson Model 365

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Foxfire Rod & Gun, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Foxfire Rod & Gun

Foxfire Rod & Gun New Member

I just purchased this .22 caliber, single shot rifle today at a gun show. It has a Lyman 55H rear peep sight and a short blade front sight. The guy who sold it to me said that it was a Reising and was only produced two years, 1946 & 1947. It only has H&R's address in Worcester, Mass., .22 Long Rifle Only, Model 365 and a three digit serial number on the barrel & frame. It appears to have the Reising trigger guard attached by three screws directly into the stock and also the Reising looking thumb screw that fastens the action to the stock.

Personally I have doubts about the validity of it being a "Reising", but I can not seem to locate any info in the Blue Book about it either. Does anyone have any information that they would care to share about this H&R. Also is there any reference books out on H&R firearms? I thought that Bill Goforth (sp) was having one published. BTW, it is in very good to excellent condition and the owner told me that he last fired a 10 round group at 25 yards that made one ragged hole in the target.

Thanks,
    FR&G
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

see the post i made about this rifle over at auctionarms.
    bill
  3. Foxfire Rod & Gun

Foxfire Rod & Gun New Member

Mr. Goforth,
    I would like to have my name added to your waiting list, if you have one, for your upcoming H&R book. Also I would like to order one of your Iver Johnson books as well. Please advise as to when your H&R book is available.

Thanks,

FR&G

(PS) I read your post on AA and again, THANK YOU for your input.
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member