Harrington & Richardson Revolver.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Rs.1600, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Rs.1600

Rs.1600 New Member

Can somone tell me when this revolver are produced?

cal 32 6 round.
    Marked on the top of the barrel : H & R.ARMS COMPANY WORCESTER.MASS.U.S.A

On left side of the barrel: 32 S&W CTCL
    On the top: SAFETYHAMMER DOUBLE ACTION

SERIAL: 8 8028

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Rs. 1600,
    Welcome to the forum.
    You have (as is stamped into the top strap) an H&R SAFETY HAMMER DOUBLE ACTION. It is a 2nd Model made to shoot smokeless/Nitro powder loaded cartridges and in your case the .32 S&W, probably the .32 S&W Long will also fit and fire, if the cylinder is long enough and it was made after 1905 or so, which it was. A serial number in the 88,000 range would, most likely, have been made in early 1906. Your gun is called the "SAFETY HAMMER" because it has the patented H&R spurless hammer (surprised?).
    Your piece is missing the cylinder/axis pin and the pin catch assembly, appears to have wooden replacement grips and the Nickel plate is pretty much flaked around the edges - all of which significantly affect the collectibility.
    In it's current state, I'd estimate the value to be $US 90 or less.
    Do you have any history of how your gun got to NORWAY? I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Here are pics of a couple of pieces from my collection:

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg
  3. Rs.1600

Rs.1600 New Member

Thanks for all info:)

I don`t know anything about it, just get it from a friend and he get it from a friend about 6 years ago, and he get it for some ammo hwen he was a boy for 45-50 years ago.

Buy a 32 cal smith and wesson from him and get this for free.
    But it`s to new i most weld the barrel on it, it`s most be older then 1890 or you most have licence from police to own it. the smith and wesson are from about 1880 have i found out here on this forum.