1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Harrington & Richardson Revolver.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Rs.1600, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Rs.1600

Rs.1600 New Member

Can somone tell me when this revolver are produced?

cal 32 6 round.
    Marked on the top of the barrel : H & R.ARMS COMPANY WORCESTER.MASS.U.S.A

On left side of the barrel: 32 S&W CTCL
    On the top: SAFETYHAMMER DOUBLE ACTION

SERIAL: 8 8028

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Rs. 1600,
    Welcome to the forum.
    You have (as is stamped into the top strap) an H&R SAFETY HAMMER DOUBLE ACTION. It is a 2nd Model made to shoot smokeless/Nitro powder loaded cartridges and in your case the .32 S&W, probably the .32 S&W Long will also fit and fire, if the cylinder is long enough and it was made after 1905 or so, which it was. A serial number in the 88,000 range would, most likely, have been made in early 1906. Your gun is called the "SAFETY HAMMER" because it has the patented H&R spurless hammer (surprised?).
    Your piece is missing the cylinder/axis pin and the pin catch assembly, appears to have wooden replacement grips and the Nickel plate is pretty much flaked around the edges - all of which significantly affect the collectibility.
    In it's current state, I'd estimate the value to be $US 90 or less.
    Do you have any history of how your gun got to NORWAY? I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Here are pics of a couple of pieces from my collection:

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg
  3. Rs.1600

Rs.1600 New Member

Thanks for all info:)

I don`t know anything about it, just get it from a friend and he get it from a friend about 6 years ago, and he get it for some ammo hwen he was a boy for 45-50 years ago.

Buy a 32 cal smith and wesson from him and get this for free.
    But it`s to new i most weld the barrel on it, it`s most be older then 1890 or you most have licence from police to own it. the smith and wesson are from about 1880 have i found out here on this forum.