Harry Whittington Speaks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by berto64, Feb 17, 2006.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Harry Whittington: 'I'm a Lucky Person'

The lawyer shot by Vice President Dick Cheney during a hunting trip was being discharged from a hospital on Friday and told reporters he was sorry for all the trouble Cheney had faced over the past week.

"We all assume certain risks in what we do, in what activities we pursue," Whittington, 78, said as he stood out the hospital in a suit, his face clearly bruised.

"Accidents do and will happen," Whittington said, "and that's what happened."

Whittington thanked the hospital staff. He also said he was sorry for all the difficulty the vice president and his family had faced. He said the past weekend encompassed "a cloud of misfortune and sadness."

"My family and I are are deeply sorry for everything that Vice President Cheney and his family had to go through this week," Whittington said, appearing emotional in front of television cameras.

Speaking in Wyoming to the state Legislature Friday, Cheney said, "Thankfully, Harry Whittington is on the mend and doing very well."

© 2006 Associated Press.
  2. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I hope Harry cleared that with the Washington press corps first.
    To bad that there are not gentlemen of his caliber, no pun intended, in the Washington press corps.
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Sounds like Mr. Whittington is pretty much of a selfless kind of guy. While I didn't see the coverage, but if this is pretty much what he said, he's a good guy in my book.
    More worried about Mr. Cheney than himself, rare indeed!

I'm glad he's doing better.
  4. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Mr. Whittington is evidence that not all lawyers are bad! :eek: :eek: :D :D
    He was a real class act.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  5. Carl S

Carl S New Member

Mr. Whittington is a true gentleman with honor, of the old school. Liberals and especially the Washington press corps have no concept of such. That is as foreign to them as is the concept of honesty. Liberals live in a world of situational ethics - anything is right and acceptable as long as it advances their agenda. Personal integrity is an alien concept to this crowd.
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

You are so right, Carl. I agree!!!!!!
  7. rosierita

rosierita New Member

well said carl!!

i'm glad he's doing better too. :)
  8. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Well said. Character does matter.
  9. Unfortunately, you are quite correct, Carl. The press in this country has the personal integrity of a hound dog chasing a bitch in heat, and just about as much common sense.

Firearms accidents are always tragic, and they nearly always mean someone screwed up by the numbers, yet human beings do make mistakes at times. To crucify someone as the press has VP Chaney is not only stupid, it is the height of disrespect and bias in news reporting. Had Chaney been drunk on his butt or under the influence of drugs, I would be the first to say arrest him. He wasn't. He made an honest, if very tragic, mistake, and one exacerbated by mistakes made by Mr. Wittington. Both were honest enough to admit those mistakes and apologize for them. That says a great deal for the integrity of both men.