The Firearms Forum banner

Has Any Member Shot Or Owned A Ruger SR-22?

Tags
ruger
5K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Ithaca-dbl12 
#1 ·
I've been looking at them online and thinking about maybe purchasing one.Do they have any jamming or feeding problems.Does all 22's work good in them.I like Ruger quality.Semi-auto pistols that jam are very irritating and I've sold one that made me mad at a loss.Thanks for any information.

#5 ·
I have had one for about a year now, I love it. Wish it had more than 10 shots but great shooter. I have fed it alot of different ammo with no issues at all. Definite must get!!!! Just get a few extra mags and you are all set.

#6 ·
#8 ·
I am under the impression we are talking about SR22 pistol, not the SR-22 rifle. Please correct me if I am wrong.

#9 ·
I have shot 2 that friends own,one was brand new still in the wrapper when we tried it No jams or problems of any kind.[/B][/I]I think they are a great little pistol.I really like that it has adjustable,easy to see sights.
WOW! That gun really is a shooter!:D

#10 ·
I am under the impression we are talking about SR22 pistol, not the SR-22 rifle. Please correct me if I am wrong.
The title of this post is about a "Ruger SR-22" so we must assume flyingtiger85 is asking about the rifle ... unless he informs us otherwise. :confused:

#11 ·
I've been looking at them online and thinking about maybe purchasing one.Do they have any jamming or feeding problems.Does all 22's work good in them.I like Ruger quality.Semi-auto pistols that jam are very irritating and I've sold one that made me mad at a loss.Thanks for any information.
I read his original post and it says pistol

#12 ·
I went into Sportsmans Wherehouse the other day and held it in my hand.They are very compact with a nice feel to them.And yes,I was talking about the handgun.I noticed the pallet end display that once had 5 or 6 types of 22 ammo that was stacked about 3 foot high was sold out.They said there was alot of sales on black friday.I can't wait to get the rest of my funds together and purchase one ASAP and go out and shoot it.I just love shooting 22's,pistols and rifles.

#13 · (Edited)
The title of this post is about a "Ruger SR-22" so we must assume flyingtiger85 is asking about the rifle ... unless he informs us otherwise. :confused:
Deleted.

#14 · (Edited)
I often wonder what Ruger is thinking.

Naming a pistol and rifle the same name...brilliant. :rolleyes:

So what is this thread about?

I have worked on and test fired a few SR-22 rifles. They both functioned fine after a tear down and a good cleaning.

Some of the early ones had a magazine problem if I remember correctly. They changed the follower and it's color so you know if it's a newer mag. Not sure of the details, too darn tired to look it. :)

#16 ·
I love mine, have a hard time deciding whether to shoot the SR22 or the PMR30. Both are a blast and dead on. My SR22 has eaten everything I have fed it so far, runs pretty clean too. I am thinking about getting another and doing some custom colors on it. Time and $ will tell.

#20 ·
No Popeye, you understood correctly, this is a thread about SR22 pistol like the first post states. The gun is awesome in my book, It keeps wanting to eat more and more and all different flavors. Accurate as hell too.

#21 ·
a buddy of mine picked one up about a month ago as an early christmas present to himself. he brings it with whenever we go out plinking and i gotta say as a lefty, i love it. i've probably shot 500 rounds through it already and i'm sure he has shot more than that... no problems whatsoever. he has been feeding it CCI mini-mags only though. great pistol, i'm hooked on it!

#24 ·
Back in August I was shopping for a .22 pistol. Looked at S&W, Ruger, SIG and others. The S&W was too big. the Ruger SR-22 was too small and the Sig Mosquito was just right. I use CCI Mini-Mags exclusively. Have tired others and quickly got stove pipes. Went back to CCI and have no problems.

A buddy has an SR-22 and loves it but he is a much smaller guy with smaller hands.

But then opinions are line noses, everybody has one.

Bought a Remington 1911 the same day. Nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.