1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

has anybody here tried magtech ammo?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by llama.45, Feb 3, 2005.

1. llama.45

llama.45 New Member

i ordered so guardian gold hollow points in 185 grain and they are great,they are also pretty hot,u get about a 6 inch flame out the end of the barrel every time u shoot one.has any body had any bad experiences with magtech?
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I have tried several different calibers of the ammo. Not the most accurate I have ever used but hot. I don't buy it anymore.
  3. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

I've used Magtech in my .357 revolver & really like it. I also tried it in my .40 cal semi auto & didn't get the same accuracy as I do with Winchester. I think that each individual gun likes different ammo. I use the Magtech Guardian ammo (HP'S) in all my CCW pistols. As a matter of fact, I did an experiment with my .380. I duct taped a very thick phonebook to catch my .380 rounds. The phonebook caught the FMJ shots just fine, but every shot with the Magtech Guardians (JHP)blew right through the phone book. So that put to rest any idea the .380 JHP doesn't have the penetration you need.FYI, I did all these shots at 10 yards.
    Hope this helps,
    Huck
  4. llama.45

llama.45 New Member

i really like it for my 45 too, they shoot great
  5. denfoote

denfoote New Member

It's a real spitfire out of my .357 snubby!!!
    I think it's kinda cool!!
    Heck, the muzzle flash will blind the BG first!!
  6. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I use MagTech primarily in .357 and .500 Magnum. No problems with it at all and it's generally on the lower end of the pricing spectrum. I'm really glad to have it in .500 Magnum since other brands are a bit costlier and I don't reload.
  7. I've used Magtech ammo in both my .38 specials and my .45 ACPs and found it to be good target ammo, about on par with Winchester white box, though loaded a bit hotter.
  8. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I use their blue box for shootin ammo. I was gettin it $120 for 500 rounds before all the recent price increase. It shoots fine and has never giving me any problems. I have some of the 230gr Gaurdian Gold but I still find myself carrying Hornady TAP again
  9. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I have used it in revolvers and semi's. My revolvers seem to like it best but it really will depend on the firearm.
  10. Kahr

Kahr New Member

I've used it in my 9mm's and my 45 no problem in either.