1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Has anyone ever noticed that the Sig Sauer P238

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by hogger129, Nov 7, 2010.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Looks like a 1911 a little bit?

I guess I never noticed it. Is that what it's supposed to be?

[​IMG]
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That is one of the things that make it appealing, at least to me. I would really like one of these, just not going to pay over $500 for a .380.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Its design is based upon the 1911 and nearly identical, with only a few slight differences. 238's and the Colt Mustang are both 1911 "mini-me's".
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

In fact the colt mustang mags will fit in the 238 and actually function better than the original sig mags. Don't let the similar to the 1911 fool you, you need a third hand to get the sear assembly in properly.
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

again proveing there really isn't anything new under the sun. this is a copy of a colt mustang which was a copy of the iver johnson pony which was a copy of the star model d but more costly and better made