Has anyone?????

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (6/2/01 8:16:32 am)
    Reply Has anyone?????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    seen or had one of these .22 rifles? BRNO ZOM451. Straight pull bolt like the Browning T-Bolt. 7 round magazine fed, nice checkered walnut wood, 22" barrel. Can pick a few up for under two bills, each. I have heard alittle about the BRNO auto`s, but not that much. The only real thing I have heard, is that they are excellent quality.....is that true or not? Thanks LTS

AntiqueDr
    (6/2/01 6:51:28 pm)
    Reply Re: Has anyone?????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have looked at a couple, but not fired them. Seem to be decent quality. Overall nice job on the stock/checkering. I am not a big fan of the trigger guard/magazine arrangment, though - not quite elegant enough.

Under $200 would be a good deal, but I not sure about how fast they would sell for me.

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/2/01 10:54:32 pm)
    Thanks AD, I would like to add one of these to the personal pile of .22`s and you are correct about the mag&trigger set up. But if it`s even half as slick as the T-bolts are, it would be great. After picking up a boat load of those Romanian .22 training rifles, I found out that price does not always tell the story, best $35.00 a pop we ever spent(excellent, like new) the one I worked up will put 5 in a dime at 50 yards with room left over, just finished shiming the bolt area and hope to improve it even more....also trying different ammo this week at the river. LTS

AntiqueDr
    (6/3/01 6:25:45 am)
    You're right about the trainers, they're OK. I like old Winchesters and Kimbers, myself.

I'm about to put out a Mossberg 352K semiauto. Interesting old gun, made only 1957-58. Has the fold-down forend tip, side-mounted sling swivels. Old Reising style gun. For some reason these old guns catch my eye as well. (Have to replace the firing pin in this one before I can sell it.)

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Xracer
    (6/3/01 8:20:21 am)
    Doc, I had one of those 352Ks as a teenager.....neat little carbine. Killed a lot of tomato soup cans with it!

One day, somebody broke into our house, and the only two things they stole was my Mossberg and (believe it or not) my highschool diploma!

Sooooo.....if that Mossie came as a package deal with a diploma from East Hartford High, keep the diploma....I want the gun back!

Edited by: Xracer at: 6/3/01 9:21:23 am

reedbuster
    (6/23/01 1:12:25 am)
    LTS,
    my buddy just bought one and is headed out to shoot it this weekend. I'll let you know what he thinks. About the only thing I do know is that extra mags are pricey.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/23/01 9:26:55 am)
    Thanks reedbuster, I`ll look forward to hearing about it and the type of ammo it prefers. LTS

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/16/01 12:35:29 am)
    LTS,
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I just wanted to shoot it myself befor rendering an opinion.
    It was AWESOME!! Just used the federal ammo they sold at the range. the sights are fixed and it shot about 3" high at 50 yds and we were able to put together a few quarter groups despite some wind. Had to order rings for it and they just showed up last thurs. He should have it up and running by this thurs. Bonus, He found extra mags at a local gunstore for Thirty apiece.

Edited by: reedbuster at: 7/16/01 1:37:49 am

Xracer
    (7/16/01 7:17:01 am)
    Yeah....I loved that little Mossie. Mine came with an adjustable peep sight, and a hooded front sight....with a removable hood and 3 or 4 different front posts you could flip up or down.