1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Can someone tell me if this is even legal?

1st degree assault carries a punishment.
    Muttering a racial/religious/sexual comment prior to the assault should carry a harsher punishment?:confused:

Can the hate crime be invoked when 2 parties are of the same persuasion?
    If a ripped gay guy thinks someone is hitting on his man and beats the crap out of him; is that a hate crime?

If a black guy calls another 'nigger', it's a term of endearment. If a cracker did that, it's hate speach. If a black guy calls a white guy a honkey, it's no biggy.

What ever happened in the Duke Rape case?
    Did that skank ever do jail time, let alone hate rape jail time?
    Lives were destroyed, and nothing ever came of it other than lives were destroyed.

It's bad enough we have the race card being played in any possible situation. Now we have the hate card?

When does it stop?

Millions of innocent people die each year from malaria because the world has outlawed the use of DDT. Millions of innocent lives are aborted each year because "I don't want a kid".

Are these hate crimes also? NO?
    Why NOT!:mad:

I better stop now.:mad:
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Here ya go...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091028/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_defense
    So now we another class of "protected citizen":rolleyes:
  3. red14

red14 New Member

So if someone murders someone, in a state with capital punishment already, will the convicted be killed twice?
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

3 times as I read it.:rolleyes:
  5. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Up here it's a hate crime when your add your chosen racial slur.
  6. obxned

obxned New Member

It is only a hate crime if the 'victim' is a member of one of the politically favored groups and the perp is a white male, and not a sodomite nor a muslim.
  7. red14

red14 New Member

That's racist.:eek::mad::confused:

Everyone should be judged by the content of their character, rather than the color of their skin.:cool:
  8. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

white males are the only ones judged by the color of their skin.
  9. billin

billin New Member

My personal preference would be, all other things being equal, to be killed by someone who hated me. Would you really want to be killed by someone who really didn't care?
  10. the morning light

the morning light New Member

There is a penalty out their for every crime so why do we need hate crime laws? If it's not a hate crime, is it a love crime? They will add to the hate crimes bill every year until it will be a crime to voice your opinion in public. Then they will be scouring the internet looking for "Thought Criminals".
  11. red14

red14 New Member

Scary but true. We already have too many laws.

Of the 10 Commandments, only 2 are against the law always, sometimes 3 depending on where or when you live. Everything is so easy, if the 'Golden Rule' is followed! :)

Are you any less (or more) dead, if you were killed by a enemy, than a friend?

You are right, it is a veiled attempt to take away our freedoms little by little.:(:mad:
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Get ready for the thought police people. Now we need the feds to protect us from our own evil and incorrect thoughts:rolleyes: They have already demonstrated that they think we aren't intelligent enough to be able to handle freedom of speech, so therefore we aren't intelligent enough to handle freedom of thought, either.

Now don't get me wrong, I despise racism, REAL racism. It is wrong and I do NOT agree with it. However, if someone wants to have racist feelings, that is their right, just as it is my right to disagree with it. But we DO NOT need the government telling us what to think and say.
  13. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Called Sens. Lincoln and Prior and Cong. Berrys offices. I found out the bill does not mean what is says and that it is important. It does not penalize speech etc. and will not silence or imprison or fine preachers. It won't censor the Bible. And pigs will fly. The staffers all appear to have been coached. Disgusted! Another attack on the citizens of this country by the 111th Congress. We are all more free now.
  14. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

It just hit me. If we are charged with a hate crime do we loose our 2nd amendment rights?
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Ahhhhh, but they already do.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault

Verbal assault.

Combine that with an outburst from a Christian vs a Muslim, and you have hate verbal assault. Wonder what the penalty for that is?
    Doesn't seem to be an issue if a Muslim cuts off the head of a Christian.
    It's all in a days brain washing. No biggy.

Why is that?:confused:
  16. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Interesting thought. In merry old England, crimes against the King were punishable by strangulation, revival followed by disembowelment often with entrails being burnt followed by drawing and quartering. This is the Cruel and Unusual punishment spoken of in our Constitution which is used to keep those so in need of capital punishment unharmed today.
  17. red14

red14 New Member

Interesting points!

Some may believe capital punishment is cruel (I do not):eek:. But, it is by no means unusual.:cool:

Our own Navy (inspired by the aforementioned England) used to keel haul sailors.:eek: Many times the guilty were given x# of lashes. When a man died, he was still given the total of lashes accorded to him.;)
  18. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

That is just plain wierd. All that's doing is punishing the guy flogging him.
  19. red14

red14 New Member

I agree! That's why hate crimes are stupid. If you kill someone, does it matter if you hated or loved them. They're still dead.

Hating someone doesn't hurt them, Actions hurt, not thoughts.

I once had my nose broken before a softball game. Someone threw the ball to me when I wasn't looking. He didn't mean it. It was still broke. It still hurt. It still bled for 2 days. I still can't smell decent anymore.
  20. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

You really should be paying better attention to what is going on around you. Sounds to me like you were making too many trips to the keg.