HAVE 2 GUNS NEED TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN IDENTIFY ONE AND WORTH

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BROKERINBOB@GMAIL.CO, Jul 13, 2012.

1. BROKERINBOB@GMAIL.CO

BROKERINBOB@GMAIL.CO New Member

HOPKINS AND ALLEN FIREARMS DROP FALLING BLOCK 12 GAUGE CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE WORTH OF IT

ALSO HAVE A BLACK-POWER DOUBLE BARREL GUN APPEARS TO BE FROM ENGLAND AND VERY OLD STILL HAS WOODEN RAM GUNS IS IN GREAT SHAPE TRYING TO SEE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS OR ITS WORTH IT HAS NO MARKINGS ANYWHERE

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      121.9 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      102.1 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      90.6 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

pictures are a little blurry lets see what the guys say
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That H&A is on the large 900 series falling block frame. The rifles have moderate collector interest, but the shotguns rarely bring much over $200 or so unless in near-new condition. Those guns were made from the 1880's into the early 1900's and so overlapped the black-smokeless powder transition. The older ones have Damascus barrels and I recommend they not be fired; solid barrel guns could be fired with very light loads, but the chamber will be too short for modern shells, so again, I consider them wall hangers.

The double gun pictures are too blurry to tell much, but it doesn't look to me like an English gun, more likely Belgian and of utilitarian grade. Good pictures of the bottom of the barrels and of any other markings might help tell the whole story.

Jim