Have a voice in DC - Join the NRA!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ProactiveShooters, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ProactiveShooters

ProactiveShooters New Member

As a fellow gun owner, I am nervous about where we may be headed politically. We need a voice in Washington and that's why I'm going to ask all of you to join the NRA.

I am an Official NRA Recruiter and would like to offer a discounted Annual Membership to each of you.
    Just click on the link http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XP019625

You can get a one year membership at the discounted rate of $25.00 instead of the normal $35.00.

Besides being a member and recruiter, I am also a firearms instructor, and former law enforcement officer.

These basic membership benefits are automatically included with your NRA Annual Membership or Life Membership, along with special members-only discounts and services.

An official NRA Membership ID card - showing your Membership ID number and expiration date or Life Member status. You should carry this card with you at all times to receive discounts and other benefits of membership.

With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom, These publications will keep you up to date on second amendment issues as well as things going on in the firearms world. In my mind, just the magazine alone is worth the cost of membership.

Annual members receive $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of renewal. (Does not include Junior membersip.)

Life members receive $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of upgrade to Life member status

Law Enforcement Officers, that are NRA members, killed in the line of duty will have $25,000 in coverage.

$1,000 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage.

New and Enhanced insurance coverages through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs. You can enroll on-line for Life, Health and Accident and Individual Property and Liability insurance or call. New Commercial Property Liability Insurance Program for NRA Affiliated Clubs and Business Alliance Members,

The most important benefit of NRA membership, however, is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues and alerts members about legislation involving firearms and hunting at the federal, state and local levels of government. Successful legislative action begins with you -- the individual member.
  2. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Proud Member here. I donate whenever I can, I leave 1st Freedom everywhere I go. Good luck on your membership drive.
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Life member for 15 years. I think it is really important to vote in this election. If we get a liberal president with a liberal congress that has a filibuster proof senate then our only option may be to toss the tea to preserve our rights. Your vote for congress may be more important than your vote for president.
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

I’ll give during election years for commercials and what not, but for the rest of the years I’ll give my money to an organization that isn’t willing to negotiate our rights away like the NRA has a history of doing. Like the GOA
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

This is just one of the reasons why I'm a proud life member.
    This one was close to home. The NRA was on top of it like stink on %^&*.
    4 + million members makes for a loud voice.

Art

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I'm afraid I agree with Marlin T. NRA has given away, in chips and more chips, many of our pure rights when measured by the Second Amendment.

I am a Life Member, for 35+ years, and have many times been unhappy. I believe GOA has protected our rights more thoroughly, but still stick with NRA as they have numbers and, when they do decide to fight WITHOUT giving something away in a compromise, they do help. The problem is that one never knows what has been given away when they compromise just to get a positive vote..... :(
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

NRA life
    SAF
    CCRKBA

Pops
  8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Anyone taking bets if Mr. ProactiveShooters will have a second post here?
  9. ProactiveShooters

I think that he might.....

That's not a very welcoming comment from a moderator.
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

It might be the most welcoming remark from a mmoderator, but it stems from experience. we get so many spammers who purport to be somebody / something we might be interested in that we get a little jaded.

We examined the bona-fides of the link you posted and decided to let things ride for a bit. One of the requirements for us to take you seriously is whether you take an active interest in helping us in the upcoming battles.

Yes, you will notice that there is much banter and non-firearms stuff going on in this forum. This is normal among friends and family. However, if you scratch the surface, you will find that the great majority of us are die-hard gunners and work hard at overseeing the Constitution for the United States of America.

Welcome to the community, Proactive. Join in and help us help you.

Pops
  11. ProactiveShooters

Thank you armed. That's a little more friendly.

In my business, I belong to alot of gun forums. Most of them are local to me and my business and they usually draw my attention away from other things. As you can see, I didnt join here today and then decide to spam anything. I actually just found this link again buried in my favorites. I must have joined and misplaced the link and never checked in again.

This political mess has been on my mind today, hence my post. Hopefully I'm not viewed as a spammer. I do have other things to contribute.....and lookie, I'm up to 3 posts now!
  12. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Endowment member for several years.
  13. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Well, I'll be. You came back. :eek:
    Since you did, I'll offer you a.....welcome to The Firearms Forum.

As Pops alluded to, you would not be the first to drop a bomb of some sort, then never post again.

My post is designed to bring some kind of retort from the original poster, should they return. None of the other comments on this thread got your attention (at least not enough for you to address them) so I will surmise that my method worked. ;) :D

Now, as to the NRA...........no, I won't go there........yet.
  14. ProactiveShooters

I didnt see any other comments in the thread that warranted a reply on my part.

At least the bomb that I dropped was gun related. I ain't selling Avon products :)

Thanks for the welcome
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum....

Yeah, keep all that girlie Avon stuff out of here. :D

Crpdeth