The Firearms Forum banner

Have a Winchester 94 RCMP Commemerative

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  johnboat 
#1 ·
the problem is it has been in a house fire.

1) whats it worth?

2) what is it going to cost me to "fix" it.

The Barrel and magizine tube have rust

Fore and Sholder stock can probably be sanded / revarnished and saved

Gold receiver needs some attention

Gold butt plate may be able to be salvaged.

will it cost me more money to "fix" it the it's worth?

#2 · (Edited)
Sure it's worth fixing, as a good hunting rifle. In the condition you have described none of your rifles can be considered collectible commemoratives. The only way they would have value as commemoratives is , unfired, in the box with all the papers or New In The Box. They were always a bad investment anyway for the most part because so many of each were made ( with a few exceptions such as the 1971 MP Presentation. 10 made ). I doubt if you can even find enough original parts to restore them as such. But, they are still Winchester 94's, one of the best deep woods rifles made. Value, I'm not even going to try and guess before or after. I'll leave that to some other brave soul.

#3 ·
well the value would be based on equil current prices -condition , personally it would be better to restore it your self to the best of your ability and or the help of a reasonable and honest gun smith and keep it and enjoy shooting and/or hunting w/it these are some of the best rifles .they are fun and typically:) easy to be accurate with ,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.