have ya'll heard about this story??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosierita, Apr 9, 2004.

1. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I doubt they will charge her of anything at all. Even if they did decide that she committed murder she would get off. How often do you see an 80 year old put in prison. As long as they dont think she will do it again, she'll be turned loose because there's not really any point in putting a person that old in prison. And whether she was living there or not, as the article states, she was protecting her possessions. Just because she had the gun, the guy could have killed her with the prybar.
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Looking at it through my eyes, there is nothing with which to charge the lady.

Texas law is similar to Alabama and Mississippi and she had a right to protect her property and the premises, the storage slot itself, is her residence. Even if it weren't, she still had a right to protect herself and belongings. Were a DA to bring charges before me I simply ask him why he decided to retire in the next election?