Have you been stopped w/CCW?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by RunningOnMT, Jan 9, 2009.

1. pricedo

pricedo Member

It takes guts & honesty to admit it up front when you've done wrong.

I think many of us have teetered over the blood alchohol DWI limit the odd time but have been fortunate enough not to have been caught.

In the hot summer when a cold one tastes really good it only take 2 beer consumed within an hour and you're over the legal limit in most states.

You're lucky that DWI is not a felony in your state. If it was they would have pulled your permit right away.

I just hope you don't get a hassle at renewal time.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

There is another potential charge..."possesion of a firearm under disability" I'm not sure if that's a felony or not.
  3. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

I was pulled over for speeding, by an un-marked car, in GA on Hwy 411. When the officer asked for my DL I also handed him my carry permit and told him there was a firearm in the car......his reply "Just don't point it at me and we wont have an issue" (In GA it is not required to tell the officer if you have a firearm)....he returned and handed me a warning. I really think having the permit and telling him up front that I had a firearem in the car made the difference.
  4. conan1

conan1 New Member

I was stopped by a road block once. They were looking for someone. I handed the deputy my license and carry permit. He asked me where my weapon was. I told him in the console right by me. He then waved me on my way. No problem. Was stopped by out of state trooper. No problems from any.
  5. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

This month I got my 68 Chevelle SS back from the body & paint shop & since then I've driven it lkess than an hour total. In this time I've been pulled over 5 times now. Any LEO that has been within sight has pulled me over. The stops have all been exactly the same-I stop,kill the motor, roll the window down & put my hands on the top of the wheel. I've had my proof of insurance & registration on the passenger seat ready to hand over. I've just waited till the officer has asked for the papers before saying anything. They have all 5 times just asked for papers & taken them back to their car for a couple of minutes & returned to say it was just a "routine" stop & at that point they have asked me if I was carrying because when they run the plates on any of my cars their comput states that I have a CCW. They don't seem concerned if I am carrying or not they just ask. Then in the same breath they've all told me what a nice car the Chevelle is. I've been tempted to tell them how many times I've been pulled over in that short time in that car but I've just answered what they ask politely & they've just sent me on my way.

October has made for me exactly 30 years of driving private cars & commercial trucks with nary a ticket. Knock on wood that'll continue.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009