Have you contributed in this election season

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Blackhawk Dave, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

There are a lot of threads about how we have to change the direction of this nation by voting the rascals out. But what have you done? Have you volunteered? Have you put up yard signs? Have you contributed to entities like Freedomworks or your local candidates?

It's time to do more than vent on websites. It's time to stand up for the Constitution and the ideals that created America.

Are you with me?
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

In the past, I have donated to PAC's, NRA, SAF, GOA, and other pro gun organizations. This is the first election that I have donated to individual candidates--Allen West and Mitt Romney. And, I'm about to open the check book again.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Sent some money to the Republican Party. At that time I wanted Ron Paul to be the man I voted for as President.
  4. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I put out yard signs and will talk to anyone that questions why I support so and so. I've got a 4'x4' sign in the back of my pick-up supporting one of our representatives now. I enjoy going around town with it displayed.
  5. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

Yard signs....since I'm not allowed to discuss politics at work (but it seems some of the democrats at work haven't read the handbook) the only other thing I can do is discuss it with family, which is a mute point since we are all in agreement "the bro has got to go".
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sent alot of cash to the NRA-ILA and the RNC and trashed obozo every single chance I got. Also sold as many guns as I could to help arm the public. Will make sure every one of my family gets to the polls to cast their vote.
  7. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I am not in a position to make political donations.

But THIS time is different.

Yes indeed - for Mitt -
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

And -

Fed law says I cannot speak for nor against any candidate from the pulpit.

Oh well - there are a lot of federal laws that I have NOT broken - -
  9. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

See the booklet I posted back a while, For Whom Should You Vote?--a study of whom to vote for based on character, not political party.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=106933&highlight=vote

Dad has talked that through with the congregation in the past. It does not endorse any candidate or party. It simply lays out God's standards for a political leader. Let the people decide whom to vote for based on God's standards.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Terry the suppression of free speech is a crime , going against a crime is a act of freedom and justice

Good for you , screw your libtard wankers who refuse to allow free speech but send out how to vote forms via CAIR and are being distributed via every mosque in the land
  11. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

Terry If Obozo can preach about the Karan in his speaches to get votes.
    Why cant you. At least you ar not trying to deceve the people that want to hear you speak.
  12. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Terry, I understand, but I can. Here it goes.

(In a loud voice, beating the pulpit I say) And Jesus Christ, the one God, that saved you from your sins will return as a Man of War, and with him the sword of affliction,,, the affliction that the Pharisees have placed upon the people like a yoke that is placed upon the Oxen. You, unbelievers, liberals, abortionists, homosexuals, lesbians, federal hypocrites, atheists, all unbelievers repent of your sins for the time is near The time of the Lord Jesus Christ is near. You,,, sinner, repent or burn in hell. It's your choice. Yes, Obama, I am talking to you you ignorant man, I am talking to you too. Your choice, your will, change or burn. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ God Almighty, the Water of Life, the Light that shows the way, will be back shortly to take what's his. And make no doubt about it you so called peace loving fence post sitters, He, that Light, will swing a heavy sword. Repent unbelievers, repent for the time is near.

How was that Terry?
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  13. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I liked it.:)
  14. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Volunteered? NO I don't have time. Between taking care of my family working my ass off to stay afloat soccer games for my son, band for my daughter. I really don't have time.

Yard signs? NO HELL NO. One they are not allowed per my HOA bylaws (Thank GOD) and Two I don't like them they look like crap and all they do is make the place look like some white trash hillbilly lives here.

No idea what freedomworks is. Don't really care. I vote, I vote every single time there is a vote. If I have to do more to worry about the country well i don't care.

Neither Obama nor Romney is going to do anything that really matters on my end of the string. So I wish they would just have a damn cage match and who ever win gets to be prez for 4 years.

Why do I have to give money to lying thieves to make them more rich? Both of these yahoo's have plenty of money to run plenty of idiotic stupid dumbass smear adds against each other on TV, radio, youtube, facebook.
  15. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

Man.....you missed your calling.....that's good
  16. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

highboy preach like that and you'll get jumped on cause thats way better preaching than some i've heard here and over there ..

cheers to you eh
  17. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Yup some to NRA- and sent a suggestion to Romney to bring Latinios into the RNC fold-8a set asides which will give jobs AND collect taxes (since the Feds have DCAA to audit ALL govt contracts. I used to work for them.):)
  18. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Yeah agree with the mudslinging - stupid and insulting- but then US voters seem to follow party NOT issues even when they are properly debated. I disagree about Romney- yeah he as money - like JFK- he inherited a lot from his dad who was Pres and part owner of American Motors Co. The man donates a LOT of his time and still has time for family. I liked what he said in the ist debate. Reorganize Govt agencies and reduce number of Civ servants to run more efficient AFTER a set time period for them to transfer to a vacancy in another agency. Something similar to what he did for employees in that firm he managed.
  19. Airdale

Airdale Member

Can't tell you how much I disagree with that statement. Give Mitt a Republican Senate and House and Obamacare goes away in a heartbeat. Give Obama another four years and he'll continue the "fundamental change" of the U.S. by edict.

Give Mitt the office he'll set about giving the economy a chance to recover.
    The man is a pure technician when it come to markets and finances. Do you really think it will be the same under Obama?

When Mitt was nominated I wasn't thrilled but after finding out about his personal life and his charitable works I am excited to be able to vote for a truelly
    good man.

I have given money to the NRA and Tom Cotton (a Tea Party supported candidate for congress not even in my district). I'll be sending Mitt and Ryan some soon. I would recommend that anyone that has the means and feels strongly about this election to do the same.