Have you ever been Sprayed with OC/Pepper spray?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JERICHO941, Nov 2, 2007.

1. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

Im in the academy for Walden Security to be a Gate Guard here at my former post on Ft. Bliss in El Paso, TX. Today we had to do the OC/Pepper Spray Certification. You get sprayed and have to do a couple of take downs and defense actions with an ASP(an expando baton). Well let me tell you that being sprayed with that stuff freaking sucks. BURNING...BURNING... and even more BURNING, its like eating something hot that makes your lips burn but about 10 times as bad all over the face. Then you have to go through the decon process and the Burning just keeps on going, and the remnants of the spray get flushed over the arms, neck, chest and in my unfortunate case My Groin. And let me tell you ladies and gents, having that stuff in the groin area is the happy hour that you never want to have. Its as if your eyes get glued shut by your brain and you have to keep them open and blinking because if you dont they burn even more, and its almost impossible to breath. Unless it really doesnt bother you, like one of the guys in the group who I really despise because of that fact. Im doing OK now with a little burning here and there still, and I have yet to take a shower cause Im not looking forward to the reactivation that the water does to the remaining particles on my skin. Ill be fine in a day or two. But hey now that thats over with, and I passed by the way, and I have done the firearms qualifications of which I hold the honors of "Top Shot" in, the hard parts are over. Ive got one more academy week with two tests, and another 4 days or so of Military Rules training and Ill be working full time. So wish me luck.
  2. durk

durk New Member

Good Luck!
  3. Sheesh, Jeri, I heard all you Texas guys only thought OC pepper spray was useful to spice up your tacos! My illusions are shattered! :D;):p
  4. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Hey Jerico, Just wait untill they qual you for the Tazer. Dang now that really hurts, if you have ever touched an electric fence, just think its a fun thing :eek:. OC is I agree very painful, much more so than the old pepper spray. Good luck with the rest of the school. catfish
  5. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

You should have given me a heads up, I could have trained you with a few batches of my Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe, working you up to my famous 'Neutron Wings!":;)

All the pepper spray would have done then is make you ask for another beer...you ALREADY would've had the towel around your neck...:p

But appropos of nothing....;)

"Why did the Polak from Buffalo have to pry his wife off the bedroom ceiling?"

He got "frisky" with her too soon after making Hot wings all night...;)

TRUST me, (or her?:p) the "residue" stays on your hands LONG after you wash, no matter WHAT you wash with....
  6. Ursus

Ursus New Member

Totally wrong! OC goes OK with chili.
  7. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Good Luck Jericho!

I remember way back in Navy Boot Camp, We had tear gas training & had to go into the "chamber" with mask off. They started the gas & we had to recite the Military General Orders before we could put the mask on. Don't recall it was as bad as your experience, tho. :)
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Geeze, I admire ya for going through all that Jericho...Hopefully I'd be one of those guys that you would hate since I eat way too many peppers and even cook with Pure Capsicum on occasion...Never know though, I'd prolly cry like a little girl. :D

I agree with Catfish, I'd HATE to get hit with that taser, but I have a genuine phobia of needles (Hypo Inoculations anyway) and have watched those freaking little barbed needles being removed from the skin...Ugh! I think the removal might bother me as bad as the voltage! :D:D:D

Thanks for your service, Sir.

Donny
  9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

LOL....exactly!!! :D

Donny
  10. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Not pepper spray but mace... I sprayed myself. :eek:

At least I know how that feels, and it sucks. Very painful, eyes flood uncontrollably, eyes shut, you try to open them and it just hurts more, can't escape the pain, can't see... Not fun at all. :(

With that in mind I think I'll skip the PS test thank you very much. ;) :D
  11. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Oh, Jericho...I just remembered this one.

I love habanero peppers and grow them in the back yard, so I decided to dehydrate a bunch of them then crush them into a chili powder...Don't ask me how, but I managed to get some inside my nostrils...After probably an hour or more of burning I finally call a LEO friend of mine who was on duty telling her that this mess really burns...She said "well I guess so!" and suggested that I use milk on it... :p

Crpdeth
  12. Here's one for you, Donny:

Habanero Pepper Sauce

12 habanero peppers, stems removed, finley chopped
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup distilled vinegar
    1/4 cup lime juice

Saute the onion and garlic in oil until soft; add the carrots with a small amount of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft. Place the mixture and raw chiles into a blender and puree until smooth. Don't cook the peppers, since cooking reduces flavor of the Habaneros. Combine the puree with vinegar and lime juice, then simmer for 5 minutes and seal in sterilized bottles.
    Heat index : 9 on a scale of 1-10.
    Yields 2 cups
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks Rich...I'm gonna copy that to the recipe forum so I don't lose it.

Crpdeth
  14. No problem, Donny. I should have posted it there in the first place, but I wanted to be sure you saw it. Trust me though, go easy with this stuff! It's hot even by Texas standards!!!! :D
  15. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

More than 30 years ago, when you could still get "tear gas" rounds for a blank gun, we tried it out.

Small room, 6x8', fired all 6 rounds rounds. Eyes watered so much you could not see, couldn't hardly breath, everything was burning. NOT a comfortable feeling.

Good luck.
  16. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

Thanks for the help guys. Im doing good now though. I got up this morning and took a shower and had a little bit of burning around my cheeks and hands but other than that Im great.

BobMcG, you are a brave man doing that to yourself. Cause now that I know what its like, I would never wish in on anybody.
  17. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Pfft! I've heard that before! :D

We'll see. :D

Crpdeth
  18. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Mace, pepper spray, stun gun, CS gas, and a fart from he!! of all of them it was the little leak, I took in the pepper patch before washing my hands that hurt the most :eek::eek::rolleyes:
  19. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

I did the OC drill when I went through a DoD bodyguard school to be on a personnel security team.

They slimed us on the forehead with the aerosol issue can. Had to explain to the OIC/NCOIC what we were about to do in correct sequence then fight through nine stations in the drill. Got beat up pretty bad. Had to stay on our feet in some stations while defending ourselves from rubber impact weapons, maintain control of a blunt trauma weapon, take away control of a blunt trauma weapon, protect your head and acheive a clinch barehanded on a guy flogging ya with boxing gloves...felt like napalm wasps were crawling in my face. Drill lasts less than 15 minutes but it sucks way longer. Ya do not wanna mess up enough to get restarted lol

Hot wings? Nah...the only thing to condition ya for OC is OC:p
  20. Mustard gas or phosgene might work, Delta, but they frown on that sort of thing these days. :D