1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Have you ever wondered.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RunningOnMT, Mar 5, 2009.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I'm not trying to be prophetic and I certainly hope I don't sound like some wacko conspiracy theorist, but I'd like to ask you all a question.

Have you ever read the book of Revelation or some of the prophetic books of the Old Testament and wondered how the foretold events could ever come about? How could an individual ever rise up to wreak the havoc on the world that is attributed to the antichrist. How could the great mass of humanity become so deluded as to believe the lies of someone so evil? How could anyone be so powerful that he will be able to make everyone accept a mark without which they could neither buy nor sell? Why would they not resist him when they witnessed the evil that he brought about? And if you ever entertained the thought that these prophecies were true, wondered when these things might come about?

It would seem that for anyone to gain such power and control over world events they must have a following the the likes of which has never been seen. He must inspire people with his words and convince them he has their best interest at heart. Such a person would have to be a skilled orator. One could imagine a Hitler on a larger scale. We of course now recognize Adolph Hitler for what he was, a diabolical mad man. But were the Germans really that evil or were they simply mesmerized by his rhetoric and plans for a solution to all of their problems? Did they intend the horrendous crimes against humanity or were they swept under his spell by the promise of change they so desperately wanted? Whatever the reasons were, it happened, and it could happen again.

Likely he would appear at a time of great crisis. He may have even had a part in creating this crisis for which he offers a solution. The Bible states he will bring a temporary peace to the world. This person must develop a rapport with all the nations of the world, perhaps gaining their confidence with concessions and promises of peace so that no one would mistrust him. Using alliances and treaties with established global networks and institutions which promise to benefit all of humanity, he could bribe them with enormous donations of wealth. In order to accomplish this of course he would need to gain control over this wealth through political means.

He will be a charismatic person with multicultural appeal familiar with all the worlds religions so that he may deceive them with his false theology and spiritualism. To many he will seem like their only hope.

For all the deluded followers you would think that at least a few would resist so how could one gain control of the entire world so easily. It seems certain that people would have lost the means by which to resist. Perhaps it would be done slowly, incrementally so that no one realized it until it was too late. Under the guise of creating a more peaceful society stricter laws and ever increasing restrictions on individual freedoms would be instituted. Imagine, people stripped of any means of self defense.

Have you ever wondered about all of these things? I used to wonder myself.
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

WOW an outstanding post
    Yes I wonder about it often but now I fear it more:(
  3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I spend very little time pondering over the event that no man or even the Son of God have knowlage of. The end of times will be here when it gets here, could be soon could be much later.
  4. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Excellent post, Running....so many good points. These very well could be the "times" mentioned in Luke and Matthew, as well as the Book of Revelations.

Interesting days to be alive, that's for sure!
  5. bogus bill

bogus bill New Member

Ever wonder why Obama wont produce his brith certificate?
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Indeed:(
  7. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

cuz he's really just a nightmarish figment of our imagination. Figments don't have birth certificates. :confused: I just pray we wake up from this nightmare soon!
  8. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

If the new White House pet is a Rottweiler...:eek:

Seriously...yes I often think about it too. Scary.

But what can we do?
  9. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

Yes I have...

anyone with a chance of education coupled with a conscience must think about the things and proverbs.....

as the son ( not preachin ) of one of the finest Baptist Ministers ever to lead and teach....I have the knowledge
    (and belief )...that we will truly know when these comes to pass..as there will be no doubts..beware of false prophets also.....{ no not u Running }.....

there have been some recent examples given due to extreme didlike of current POTUS. I remember when it was said about GW that "you either like him or dislike him "....well..I believe there were many GOP as myself that still had issues with his prlifiration of economy and war profit issues....

But I do believe it can and WIll be said about this POTUS more accurately...and the "unliked" side will only continue to grow as our nation and people remain and continue to divide....my opinion ( not in book...:p)

It is OK to study and compare..that is what the teachings/written word are for.....but there will be little doubt when these thing(s) can unequivacally be " written on the wall".....

if a " birth certificate or issue " regarding a sworn in POTUS cannot or will not be resolved by 7/4/09.....

then....look herein ..for I may be citing chapters and verse nightly....should that right still exist....

:(