Having some fun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Jun 25, 2007.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Carla & I have gotten lots of poll takers calling lately and it has been fun
    My favorite is when they ask me what nationality I am and I say
    AMERICAN :eek:
    They are lost and will tell me that isn't a choice, then they read the options.
    I tell them to check
    OTHER and write in AMERICAN
    it really screws up their minds.
    the next is to tell them I am retired and that my income is $150,000 plus a year, they always ask
    "what kind of work did you do?"
    :D :D :D
    I tell them I was a poll taker
    :D :D :D
    Most hang up about then
  2. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

3. Ron, you could have told them you were a civil tort attorney . . . one who specializes in privacy invasions by poll takers and telemarketers. :D ;)
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

IO ain't that smart ;)
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Marlin's favorite when he sees a telemarketer on the caller ID is to reach over to the fax machine and press the button for it to answer the call ... screeeeeeeeechhhhh!!!!! ... take that, you invaders of our privacy!! :D :D

And speaking of pollsters... the phone just rang with a pollster organization calling while I was typing this post! Spooky! :eek: :eek:
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Got a call from RNC the other day wanting me to listen to the chairman's 'peptalk'.

Told'em it wouldn't do any good unless Fred was gonna be the candidate.
  7. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

LOL...thats hilarious...when telemarketers call I try to sell them something, they hang up on me usually
  8. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 New Member

I tell them I'm native American. They always ask "Really?", and I tell them "Hell yeah, I was born here!"
  9. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Ask them to press one for enlish. :D
  10. cec

cec New Member

Usually I am so annoyed I just hang up. But sometimes if I am in the right mood I will play with them.

One of my favorites was getting a call to extend the warranty on my car, which was still covered under the original. When I explained that my car was still covered I was told "Well that one is no good, it doesn't cover anything". I then asked if I could get that in writing because that would seem to be false advertising and/or breech of contract on the original, they hung up on me. I brought this up when my wife went to buy her car and the sales manager back peddled pretty quick.

The other gem was after I had bolted down a soda. The person was trying to go 90 miles an hour and asked me what I thought. The answer was along the lines of "URRRPPPP". Hearing the person on the other end go "EWWW" was worth it.

I don't have the nerve to do the "You just called a homicide scene, how did you know the deceased?" trick.

To the point of poll takers, the worst are the automated recordings. If you are going to annoy me do it in person.
  11. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:D :D I made notes for future reference! :D :D