1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hawes Firearm

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by fuzzy2333, Mar 5, 2012.

1. fuzzy2333

fuzzy2333 New Member

I inherited a Hawes Revolver made in west Germany by H Schmidt Ostheim/Rhoen. It is a 22LR, the serial # is 580351 and I was wondering if this is called The Deputy Marshal and if a 22 mag cylinder will work in it.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Well fuzzy, don't know. Hawes imported several Marshall series that were chambered for the .22 rim fire. I believe the Deputy Marshall had a blue finish. Do you have a .22 Magnum cylinder or plan to get one. It was possible to buy a set with a convertible cylinder. If you plan on getting one be advised that they are not always a drop in fit. The ones sold in the set, were fitted at the factory, if you pick a cylinder up off Flea bay, it may or may not be a drop in fit, if the timing is off then you will have to pay a gunsmith to fit for you. They are good guns that at the time sold for a good price. You didn't ask for advise but what the hey, It it were I, I would just enjoy shooting it in 22 LR and not worry about the 22 mag part. I have several guns in .22 magnum and almost never shoot them. What ever you do, Good Luck and shoot safe.:D I just reread your post and noticed you typed Schmidt, Most of Hawes single action Marshall's series ( I through all ) were made by Sauer and Son,, is your revolver a single action ( cowboy gun, I hate that expression but it get the image across ) or a more modern type revolver with a swing out cylinder???
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  3. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Rjay, the large frame Marshal series were JP Sauer. The small frame was Herbert Schmidt.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Thank you, that, I did not know, When I was 21, I knew, I knew every thing, it was a real downer as I grew older to discover that in fact, there was a hell of a lot I didn't know.:D However, in service, once I made First Sergeant, then once again I knew that , I knew everything.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012