Hawes Firearms Co. 22 single action pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by hdburner, Sep 17, 2006.

1. hdburner

hdburner New Member

Just picked this gun up today for $20. Blueing is poor, has wood grips in fair shape. On other side of barrel it says H. Schmidt Ostheim/Rhon Made in Germany. Barrel appears to be 4 3/4 inches long. Good tight gun, shoots well. Model 21. Whats it worth?
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  2. Jake

Jake Member

give you your 20$ back
  3. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

A lot more than $20 if it's "tight and a good shooter!":)

Where did you steal it?:cool:

I'm not up on these, but I DO seem to remember about 30 years or so ago there was a "resurgence" among SA shooting, but before the current "Cowboy" craze, and a lot of "reasonably" priced SA revolvers in .22lr more or less patterned after the COlt SAA but more like the RUger Bearcat were advertised all over SGN and in the gun mags.

I don't necessarily think there's any "collector's" interest in them, but they are what they are, good fun shooters. I'm sure I've probably seen them at shows before, but never really paid that much attention since I'm not a SA guy (I WOULD like a Blackhawk tho':cool: ) but I'm sure in that condition, a shooter is worth $100-$150...somebody will be along with the Blue Book price soon I'm sure.....
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

These single-action "Colt look-a-likes" were made by J.P. Sauer (and others) and imported and sold as the "Western Marshall" in both centerfire and rimfire calibers by Hawes Firearms in Van Nuys, CA.

The rimfire models typically sell in the $50-100 range.
  5. hdburner

hdburner New Member

Thanks for the info. Just joined yesterday and already getting responses. This is a cool place, glad I found it!!! Look forward to chatting in the near future. Thanks again. hdburner