Hawes firearms company 22 pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gunfreakboy, Jan 17, 2007.

1. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

I finally located dad's old gun and got a look at it. I cannot post a pic at this point but heres the description.It is a 3 screw ruger design with a brass trigger gaurd and backstrap. Hawes firearm co. Los angeles California on one side of barrel. It also stamped Germany under the address.Other side of barrel says western six shooter 22 caliber. serial number 67482. In like new condition with dark wood grips. It doesn't have the safety bar like the new model ruger. It also has some stampings on the barrel. will try to get pics soon. Thanks for any info and value.
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Mfg J.P. Sauer Germany. Imported by Hawes Firearms.
    The .22's are valued $60-$140
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

As usual, 22WRF nailed it.

Made in the late '60's & '70's.....and inexpensive Colt SAA look-alike, made in .22 and larger calibers.
  4. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

Thanks for the quick replies. My dad acquired it when he was a cop in the late 60's and I remembered from when I was a kid. He said it was a stolen recovery only fired once for ballistic purposes so we now have to see if it can be registered. If so I will end up with it :) :) :)
  5. hempwhall

hempwhall New Member

I have a Hawes derringer, 22 caliber. I bought it about 1968. I need a set of grips for it. I haven't had much luck withthe local gunsmith. Anyone have a set for sale? HELP Email me at hwhall@cableone.net
    Thank you,

H.W. Hall
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

After 50 years these grips are in short supply, however if you really want grips for your derringer then go to www.gun-parts.com/index.html