Hawes I.D. problem

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by buckhorn, Dec 30, 2006.

1. buckhorn

buckhorn New Member

I have a 45cal Hawes single action revolver that I need a new ejector rod for. The problem is that I am not able to determine what model it is. The right side of the barrel looks like it had some lettering at one time but it has had X's stamped over them. It looks a lot like the Colt Peace Maker. Any idea"s ?
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The gun was made by J.P. Sauer in Germany.
    Bill
  3. buckhorn

buckhorn New Member

Thanks for the info Bill but what I need to know is what model it is. My book lists "WESTERN MARSHAL", "CHIEF MARSHAL", and "FEDERAL MARSHAL" in 45cal. When I order parts I need to know which one I have in case they are not all the same.
  4. Goody

Goody Member

It is probably a Western Marshall, these are the most common encountered. All the ejector rods should fit, as well as one from a Ruger, Colt, Uberti. I would suggest that if you are going to use it much you look at one from another source. The Sauer ones are not very robust, the button you push (for lack of a better term) is made of the same pot metal as the back strap/ trigger guard, and prone to snap off.

Here is a source for a lot of the Italian repro parts: http://www.vtigunparts.com/

You could also look to Brownells for the aftermarket parts for Rugers, I think Belt Mountain is the maker.
  5. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

the Marshall series were all the same, except for finishes.
    Bill
  6. buckhorn

buckhorn New Member

Thanks for the help guys. Now all I need to do is get the part, install it and burn some powder.