Hawes (J.P. Sauer & Sohn) help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Hondo, Dec 22, 2011.

1. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

If that pin is separate, it should be a drop in.
    Any idea what caused the gun to lock up, so that someone had to force that hammer? You might have other issues.
  2. Hondo

Hondo New Member

I have no idea what caused it. my guess is years of neglect and rust that formed around the firing pin. if i had to make a guess. i would say the firing pin wouldnt go back into the frame because of the rust and someone forced the hammer back hard because the cylinder wouldnt rotate all the way due to the firing pin hitting the rim of the cartridge. im not sure if this can even happen but if it can that might have been what sheered that pin. Thats my best guess.
  3. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

There was a lot of junk "Saturday Night specials" that came out of Germany in the 60's and 70's, but the JP Sauer guns were good quality, worth fixin.
  4. Hondo

Hondo New Member

yeah it shot nice when it was working. Since its my pops its got a little bot of sentimental value to it. and he sure would like to get it fixed. im just perplexed about this pin now
  5. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

The pin is part of the hand, but it was not machined as one piece. Some copies of this design had the pin not attached to the hand, but I don't remember if the Sauer guns were that way.

In any event, if you cannot find a replacement hand or bolt we can repair/refit your existing hand and make/fit a bolt. We would need the entire revolver (less grips if you prefer). Contact us by Private Message on this forum or from our website http://stonechimneytrading.com.
  6. Hondo

Hondo New Member

Thanks Stone. Ill use you as a last resort of i come up short handed (pun intended)