Hawken bought groceries today

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Hawg, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    A young doe from about 65 yards. Yeah I know my truck is a catchall.:D

[​IMG]

2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Here at TFF
    Nice Hawken.

I had a .58 custom built Hawken years ago and I still miss it.

3. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Thanks. Dude up in Indiana built it from scratch. It's a .54, kinda wish now I'd gone with a .58.

4. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Looks like that deer got plenty dead with your .54. I won't ask what's in that Coke bottle...

5. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Coke turns that color after its been in the sun a few months.

6. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    The Great Desert
    I like hunting with front feeders. I do not use the modern rifles that are fired with Perc. caps. I shoot flinters .:D

7. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I'd like to get a flinter but the powder to feed it with is too hard to get.

8. hiker.wild

hiker.wild New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    saw a comment in my old black powder mag...3f works in a pinch-for the flashpan...
    just try it.................?

9. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011

I cant even get real bp locally. Yeah, I know you can get it in five pound lots online but that's still more than I can handle buying at one time.

10. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    The Great Desert
    The powder you use for a main charge will always work in the flash pan. The new vented flintlocks work better with 4f but will work with any black powder.:)

11. aa1911

aa1911 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    nice score and don't feel bad, my truck looks very similar. Empty shells, old fruit, shot up cans and propane cylinders, spare tire, chains, etc etc... haahaha

I just wish I could get a damn doe tag out here, next to impossible...