hawkins and renegades

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by old semperfi, Sep 9, 2012.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i live in southern indiana and most deer hunters that use black powder are now using inlines.i also know that some states do not allow them for hunting.i still have my 50 cal tc hawkins and i will never sell it.i go back and forth from inlines to regular cap locks.what i have found is that its hard to get decent money from the older guns around here because they are the exception and not the rule.i had a renegade 50 cal tc that i couldnt sell for a decent price and it was almost mint.what i did find was i could put it on ebay in pieces and get twice as much as selling it around here. old semperfi
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

FWIW, I hate inlines with a passion!

my Hawken is flint (only legal muzzleloader in PA where I grew up) but everything else I have is percussion. I love the ole flint! (OK, not so much here in the winter where wet is an understatement... how Lewis and Clark fired their guns out here I'll never know)

I would never sell mine either though and it's the only 'real' muzzleloader IMO.