hd military problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by riles, Feb 14, 2012.

1. riles

riles New Member

Any body know how to take the slide off when take down lever is missing?
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I tried to download that but ran into a problem. In any case, riles, can you pull the slide back normally and does it go forward normally?

If not, you have a problem.

If so, do this: Pull the slide back as far as it goes, then push down on the button on top of the slide and hold it while you push the slide forward. (Yes, push. The spring tension should be off.) Now, use a small screwdriver or something similar to move the stop lug forward and down. Hold it there while pulling the slide to the rear and off.

Jim
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

It can be done but its tough. The lever connects to a lug that keeps the slide on. You'll have to rotate the lug down (towards the front). Jim replied while I was typing this so just go by what he describes. Problem is that there is a spring and a plunger keeping that lug upwards and without a lever in there its quite possible the plunger is out of its hole in the frame and can prevent the lug from rotating down. I've had to do this with one that had a plunger rusted in place, it was not a easy task.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012