He Told Us In Advance ...... !

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by JohnHenry, May 26, 2012.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

Yes, he told us in advance what he planned to do. Few were listening.
    Few are listening NOW ! ! !

The following is a narrative taken from From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code,
    Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

NOW GET THIS !!

'Senator Obama replied:
    "As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression.."
    "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

(ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???)

Obama continued: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose.
    I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'.
    If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it.

In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love.
    It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren.

If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ......"

When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts.

We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Yup, you read it right.

I, for one, am speechless!!!

Dale Lindsborg , Washington Post

EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NEEDS
    TO READ THIS, KEEP IT GOING ! !
    SAVE AMERICA BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE ! !
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't want to be perceived as taking sides.

I can't see how he is in office???
  3. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I just pulled the transcript from the 7 Sept 2008 Meet the Press and didn't read any of this. As a matter of fact, Obama wasn't even on Meet the Press that date.

Are you sure you have your facts straight?
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  4. rcairflr

5. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I'm not sure I would trust anything from msnbc
  6. rcairflr

So, are you saying they doctored up the transcript and Obama was in fact on Meet the Press on 7 Sept. 2008?
  7. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

nope, I'm saying I wouldn't trust anything that comes from msnbc.
  8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If he really did say this it gets me pretty mad. One thing I can't stand is in an election year you get a lot of lies.
  9. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

I'm all for beating up on the guy. He's been nothing but crap for our country. But really guys google a couple key phrases. It makes us look really bad and gives the libs ammo against us

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp
  10. rcairflr

Exactly, see posts 3 & 4.

I agree that it looks very bad posting untruths about someone (regardless of who it is). Also, it amazes me how gullible some people on this forum are. They believe everything they read.

Like you said, it took me less than a minute to find out this was not true and took another minute to get the transcript from the Meet the Press show in question.
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  11. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

I understand why we fall for it. And I say we cause I'm guilty of it too. The problem is with Obozo, its easy to believe. Which is why I try to verify everything before I post it. I don't want to give the lefties any ammo against me
  12. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

He did say that about the flag.
  13. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

Every day h e does or says something thats an embarressment to out country or himself.

We don't have to look up things from the past but we do have to prevent mistakes of the past
  14. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Every penney he spent he should be made to pay back. PERSONALLY

I heard him loud and clear during the campaign. I was screaming from the top of my lungs upon deaf ears.
  15. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

The good thing about narcissist is that they will tell you what they are thinking. They want to be able to say i told you so. Patton knew that about Rommel. Used it aganist him.