Headlines ...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Sep 14, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

2. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

This is an exerpt from US Senator Rand Paul's weekly publication to Kentucky Voters.

Introduced Amendment Supporting Our Veterans

I introduced an additional amendment, on Thursday, supporting our veterans and urging Sen. Reid to allow a vote on it. My amendment would halt all foreign aid to Pakistan, Egypt, and Libya, and would use those funds to triple the size of the veterans jobs bill. This is the right thing to do for taxpayers and veterans. It would send a message to countries that our aid can't be taken for granted, and to stand up for our troops abroad now, and those who have returned home after serving

Total U.S. foreign aid to Pakistan, Libya and Egypt totals roughly $4 billion per year. My amendment would strike all aid to those countries, and send an additional $2 billion toward the veterans jobs bill, tripling the size of the program, while the remaining $2 billion would go toward deficit reduction. Read my entire statement HERE.

I later spoke on the Senate floor to announce my Veterans Jobs Bill amendment. You can watch the video by clicking HERE or on the image below.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i like RP and what he wants but hes a lone stander and some freaky ideas on the side ..

butb the freaky ideas aside

he's alone , you need a party , build him one ( and give him some guidence on the freaky stuff ) ,, but for now , romney is the only sad answer .. but get yourselves sorted correctly for 2016 , make RP a big part , but get him a team ..
  4. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

+ 1

Closest thing to a plan I've heard so far.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Rand Paul is the Kentucky Senator and son of Texas Congressman Ron Paul. Rand is closer to a typical Republican.
    Or perhaps he's just learned to play the game better.
  6. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

On the (maybe) plus side is the producer is on parole and may be re-jailed for this "offense". But since muslims are more common than lice in our jails it may not be a sanctuary.

Then there's the "first amendment" issue of the OA revoking this man's parole on a financial conviction over his - rather crude - non-hollywood film. but, what the hey, our POTUS was more concerned with his planned dalliance with some A-Listers than Ambassador Steven's fate he went to sleep ! >MW
  7. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Good idea but Pakistan has to be removed. We still need to use their airspace for the troops in Afganistan. We're still sort of stuck with them for a while until we get our troops home. There's another little caveat regarding Afganistan - we need to utterly destroy the Taliban - remember, this is WAR. That'll be one less group to deal with then.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012