Heads Up - Factory Sales - Sellers of Lee Presses

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by armed_preacher, May 6, 2009.

1. armed_preacher

armed_preacher New Member

Heads Up - Warning - Factory Sales (Lee Presses) www.factorysales.com

On April 1st I placed an order for a Deluxe Press Kit and dies. A return email receipt stated that delivery would be “3-4 weeks.” My credit card was charged on that same day.

It is now May 6 and I still have not received my order. Several emails to the company have gone answered. Two previous phone messages have gone unreturned. I just attempted to phone FACTORY SALES AGAIN and when told to leave a message I was greeted with (phone) “mail box is full.”

I am moving in two days, need to change my shipping address, and for a week now I haven't been able to get a response from the Company.

I am posting this just as a "heads-up." I would think twice about orderiing from Factory Sales in Harford, WI. :(
  2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I ordered my Lee stuff from them and it took about 7 weeks to get it. When I ordered the email said it would take about 4 weeks. After 4 weeks I emailed them and got a quick response that it would be about another 2 weeks before my stuff came in. Everything but the dies came in about a week and a half after that email. The dies came in a week later. They are shipping as the get the stuff from the factory. I don't know why you have had no response from them.
  3. armed_preacher

It's not the delay that upsets me. Anytime I order supplies I just KNOW it's going to be delayed. But contrast this experience with an order I currently have with Cabela's for reloading supplies. In the last week I've gotten 3 emails with updates on the status. With Factory Sales I cannot even get them to answer the phone or return an email. Also, Cabela's does not charge your card until the materual ships. Factory Sales charged my card on the day of the order, five weeks ago.
  4. flannelman

flannelman New Member

When did you call and email? They may not work on the weekend. I don't know what the problem is. When I emailed them I got a quick response. Did you email a specific person or just their contact on the web site?
  5. armed_preacher

Last time I called (the number on their web site) was just before this post. I received a "voice mailbox full" msg. All phone calls have been during business house on week days. I'm emailing the "info" web address listed on their web iste. There is no other address listed.
  6. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Did you get an email from them whe you placed your order? I sent a reply to that address when I was wondering about my stuff. I think the guys name was Greg Endbaugh or something like that. You probably won't get through going with the website info link. I looked for that guy's email address but I have cleaned my email up since then and deleted it. If you have that first email from them try sending a reply to it or copy and pasted the addy in a new message.
  7. armed_preacher

Sorry, my emails ARE going the address of my confirmation which is the same as on the web site. It's the "info" address. Besides, shouldn't a company answer their phone and/or return phone msgs? The customer should have have to "jump" through hoops or figure out a "preferred" email address to use just to change a shipping address and/or get an update on an order. Especially when you have already been charged.
  8. flannelman

flannelman New Member

That is true but everyone else that has an order with them is probably doing the same thing you are. The ammo and reloading world is crazy right now because demand is through the roof. I wish I still had that email cause I'd give it to ya to try and help out.
  9. sigflyer

sigflyer New Member

info@factorysales.com will get you to them via email. I have also been waiting now for 7 weeks for a couple of die sets. Now...I could understand it if nobody else had them in stock but....a check online at a couple of other online venders shows them "in Stock". Like you my credit card was hit on the submit key when ordering. It wasn't until after 4 weeks I emailed to ask about the order....what I got back was "still waiting". I am at the point now of calling and cancelling the order....but nobdy answers the phone. Has anybody tried cancelling an order with them?
  10. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

I think it's time to call your CREDIT CARD company, of all the places I do business with none of them charge my card until the product is ready to be sent, I waited for 4 months for a press from Midway USA, which is longer than you have had to wait, but they didn't charge my card untill it came in and was ready to be sent, charging your card before they are ready to send it, is just a bad business practice. GOOD LUCK WITH THIS.

Regards

tEN wOLVES
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It is easier to order lee equipment from lee precision. shipping is fast and customer service is phenominal. www.leeprecision.com
  12. dammitman

dammitman Member

i think that it might cost more for sure but yes, its better right from lee precision. pay full bore and get what you want right away.
  13. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

From their website:

SPECIAL NOTICE FOR OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS

DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED INCREASE IN SALES, WE HAVE BEEN FACED WITH AN IMMENSE VOLUME OF PHONE CALLS AND E-MAILS ON ORDER STATUS.
    EVERY INQUIRY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US, BUT WITH THE HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS WE CANNOT ADDRESS EVERY CALL IN A TIMELY MANNER. THEREFORE, WE ASK THAT YOU REFER ALL QUESTIONS TO OUR E-MAIL info@factorysales.com. A trained technician (MARK) will respond as soon as possible. I thank you for you patience and continued support. Some days this could be up to a response time of 48 hours.

I have also implemented a customer order status hotline.

Cherie @ 1-262-297-2775

9:00a.m. - 4:00pm central time

Thank You

Greg Ehlenbach

Pres. Factory Sales.
  14. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I just checked the BBB on them.
    They are a BBB accredited business with an A+ rating, their highest.

In their history, they have had five complaints filed, and all were resolved to the customers satisfaction. Only one of these was a delivery issue.

IOW, this is a good reputable company that does take care of their customers, but they are in a trick-bag right now due to the firearms super-salesman, Obama.

How far are you moving, and who will be at your current residence if they try to deliver them there?
  15. Freebore

Freebore New Member

Have to admit I was never a big fan of Lee, most of my experience in dealing with them has had a negative effect. They are slow to respond (when they do). Over the years I've tried some of their products on and off, and usually eventually sold them off.

The products are affordable, but I believe you get what you pay for, both products and services.
  16. Otto

Otto New Member

I ordered from Factory Sales once. But when I discovered that they instantly charged my credit card, I canceled the order.

If you Google Map the address of Factory Sales it shows a residential home.
    Factory Sales 7251 Valley Ct., Hartford, WI.

[​IMG]
  17. kyblues

kyblues New Member

I hate to dig up an old thred but they have changed there addresss to an air port PO box. I my self never buy from any one with a PO box because all there doing is drop shipping the items from the factory and if i had to bet since the prices are so low it is reman stuff but to follow up on the addres thing here they have change it to
    4200 COUTY ROAD U
    Hanger 50 Hartford Airport
    P.O. BOX 270345
    HARTFORD, WI 53027-0345

Google maps will not show it.
  18. Clipper

Clipper Member

I am not familiar with Factory Sales, BUT, if you check Lee Precision prices for your dies and presses, THEN check Midway USA, you will find a great difference in the prices of those items. Midway is a lot cheaper in most items, and ships almost instantly. Nope, I don't own stock in Midway, just really like the company and their service.
  19. Otto

Otto New Member

Hartford Municipal Airport provides hangers for public storage.
    Lee Factory Sales owner Greg Ehlenbach changed the business address when people found out that he was operating out of his home.
    Not surprisingly, John Lee (the heir to Lee Precision) owns hangers at the same airport.
    I suspect than John Lee and Greg Ehlenbach (owner of LFS) have a unique business relation that they would rather people not know about.
    Maybe this is why LFS is able to undercut every other LEE retailer in the US.
    It all seems sort of slimy to me.

[​IMG]
  20. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

That's certanly some interesting info there, Otto... Makes you wonder WTF is going on?