Heckler Koch HK P7

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by codydog, Oct 4, 2010.

1. codydog

codydog New Member

Am I the first to ask about this gun? This should be interesting. What is the story and what is it worth?

Attached Files:

2. muddober

muddober Active Member

I am not sure what you want to know but that is a very nice one and it should bring a $1,000.00 +. It has a very unique system where while it is not gas operated it is gas retarded and to my knowledge the only pistol made that way. It has a piston that is attached to the slide via a linkage affair. This piston fits into a cylinder in the frame that has a small hole that transcends into the barrel. When fired gas bleeds into the cylinder thereby creating a pressure that slows the slide down allowing the gun very fast shot after shot target acquisition. The squeeze cock feature makes it by far the safest auto in the world to have around small children because they simply cannot cock it. That feature also takes some getting use to but once masterd it is a fine gun. HK also made it in a modified stack magazine version called a P13 and in 40 caliber called a P10. I believe they were also made in 22, 32 and 380, but I have never seen any of those three. The only negative I can say about the gun is that because of its unique shape (which very comfortable to shoot) there are not a lot of holsters out there for them.

I hope I covered what you wanted to know.

Ron
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

P7 M8 for a single stack squeeze cocker. well made worth around 1000.00 in 98% condtion slightly tricky to master due to a different "manual of arms" i personally couldn't get use to it but it's a great gun well made ultra reliable and well balenced.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That's not an M8. M8 has the oversize plastic trigger guard cover, to keep you from burning your fingers, and a button-type mag release by the trigger guard. That gun doesn't have the plastic cover, and has the European heel-clip release.

[​IMG]

I like this one, by the way, better than most heel-clips, because it pushes inward, instead of outward. Faster to work. It was changed to the button release at the request of cops, who discovered that the seat belt would release their magazine.
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

the picture doesn't show the plastic trigger guard, it's more like the psp and to me didn't look wide enough to be the m13
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That's what I was saying. In post #3, you said P7M8. His gun's not an M8. It's a PSP.
  7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i thought all psp were marked a such on the slide ?
  8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

ok never mind duh i get it the m8 has the plastic and a different mag release
  9. Jim K

Jim K New Member

"The squeeze cock feature ... takes some getting use to but once masterd it is a fine gun."

I never did get used to it; I would relax my hand even a little and POP! - back to a hard long trigger pull. An engineering marvel, very Germanic, and one way to go if your biggest potential customers want a fixed barrel pistol in 9mm. But mine will stay in the safe or on the range, thanks.

Jim