1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Helice Elite double shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tflsr1, Mar 25, 2003.

1. tflsr1

tflsr1 New Member

I think it is French or Italian. Has anyone heard of it and what is it worth? I've been trying to find some information for the past year.
    :confused:
  2. warpig

warpig Guest

I have been poking around and cannot find anything on it. I did find that the term Helice relates to an English type of clay pigeons.

Can you post all marking that are on the gun.

I am suspecting you might find a E over LF marking which would make it Belgium.
  3. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

It's E over LG for Belgian, but you shouldn't find it on the Helice gun, since it is French. I do not recall seeing any examples made after WW-2, and all the Helice shotguns I've seen before were proofed at the St. Etienne proofhouse.

Not many of this manufacturer's pieces are seen in the States, and pricing is extremely variable and will depend on amount of embellishment and overall condition. They are not 'Best-Quality' French shotguns, but they are still very nice pieces.

Values on boxlock Helice guns run $500-$1500 depending on gauge, condition, etc. Sidelocks can run considerably more. Finding a buyer at the upper end can be tough - French shotguns are a much harder sell than English or even Spanish in the same price range.