Hello Bob - Need Astra 400 Disassembly Steps

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

compgunfire
    (12/31/01 8:15:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Hello Bob - Need Astra 400 Disassembly Steps
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob

I need the basic field disassembly steps for a Astra 400 9mm Largo pistol.

Thanks

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/31/01 8:51:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hello Bob - Need Astra 400 Disassembly Steps
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    compgunfire - Bob will be along in a bit and I know he can help you.
    TLynn

the real fredneck
    (12/31/01 9:05:35 pm)
    while you're waiting on Bob might as well join the party at the Pump House

Xracer
    (12/31/01 10:49:50 pm)
    Hi compgunfire.......welcome to The Firearms Forum.

Bob's probably out doing the town tonight, so keep checking back. What he doesn't know about Spanish pistols isn't worth knowing.

In the meantime, pull up an old ammo can and sit for a spell......nice group of people here.

Bob In St Louis
    (12/31/01 10:55:58 pm)
    Actually, I am having a nice quiet evening at home - even the dog is snoring. Anyway, I can go into a nice long description, but I just gotta tell ya - my friends over at www.9mmLargo.com have got some excelent details and diagrams. Just go to the site, and click on the picture of the Astra 400 - voila! All the info you need!

Hope this helps. Justb keep in mind - the Astra 400 is about the strongest cartridge direct blowback design - that spring is a hefty momma, with a lot of sproing!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gun runner john
    (1/1/02 11:14:51 am)
    I think you should repeat the admonition about the spring! The first time I took mine apart, that sucker went a mile!

Xracer
    (1/2/02 10:19:13 am)
    I'll second that, Bob and John. I was with a friend when he was disassembling his Astra 400. The spring went past his head.....went about 12 feet in a straight line, and stuck an inch deep in the wall.

gun runner john
    (1/2/02 9:34:40 pm)
    I never point springs at either myself or windows, I've seen what they do to walls!

polishshooter
    (1/9/02 11:36:30 am)
    And we won't talk about MY last attempt at dissasembling mine...almost lost ANOTHER thumb in the sucker...darn thing BITES...in fact I think we have a thread here from a while back on this very subject...

Best advice I got then was use non-corrosive ammo and just spray it down with gun scrubber when you are done with it...

BTW, there are TWO different ways to take it apart, "Field Stripping" and "Detail Stripping" are two different procedures, not like most NORMAL guns where detail is just field with more steps...

IF you just field strip, do NOT stick your digits or any other extremity anywhere NEAR the inside of the slide, because if that barrel slips, you WILL learn that the spring is slightly more powerful than a front strut spring on an import car! (I did...)
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915