Help! Bolt Action! What Is It???

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Flash501, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Flash501

Flash501 New Member

I recently purchased a .458 with no makings other than Mod A on the receiver. The action is smooth and tight and the stock looks like a Sako. Can anyone identify the action? Thanks for the help.

Sorry about the photo's, but I could not figure out how to attach. Hope it works.

Double click the link below, double click each photo and it will enlarge. Click again and it will enlarge again.

http://photobucket.com/Flash501
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Hello Flash 101, The only thing i can determine form the photos is that it is a bolt action bolt and receiver. If you could furnish a clear photos of the completed rifle, it would certainly help. BTW, if there are no proof marks or country of origin it is either a American custom or a receiver that has been scrubbed { all markings polished off }.
  3. popgun

popgun New Member

has a push feed and plunger ejecter like a remington.
  4. H-D

H-D Active Member

Smith & Wesson model a
  5. Twowheeler

Twowheeler New Member

Sorry don't know how to look at pics and know all about guns. I think that is amazing. But maybe can help with attacking pics from photobuckit. Click what pick the pic u want to attach in photobuckit then click option, click views links, click on the bottom link, it will say copying, then swich to the bottom of were u are typing your thread click there and paste the link will appear, do the same for each pic. When u summit the pics will be there. Hope that helps
  6. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Actually, from photobucket just roll over the picture and a menu drops down. Right click on the link next to img code. Copy and paste here in the reply box press enter and repeat. Once you have what you want, click post quick reply and you're done.