The Firearms Forum banner

Help: Browning Sweet Sixteen

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  StoneChimney 
#1 ·
Greetings!

I have been passed down this Browning Sweet Sixteen.

I would like to know some more information about it, including what it might be worth.
Below is a link to a few pictures that I took.

The Serial is:
9S
29XXX

It came with a second barrel.

I appreciate any help on this Sweet Sixteen.

Thank you!

#2 ·
It is a 1959 gun. Before offering a value, we need to see closeup pictures of both sides of the receiver and the stock. The recoil pad is not original and I believe I am seeing finish in the checkering on the wrist. Fully half or more of the apparently high-condition older guns we see on this forum have been refinished...

#3 ·
Never mind, I just didn't know how to run Flickr. Your gun has not been refinished. Odd that both barrels have full chokes. The vent rib barrel adds value to the gun, is it the original barrel (numbered to the receiver)? The pad does hurt it, but the value is still considerable. I would ask $1600 for the set.

#5 ·
You need to find a private sale to get that kind of money. A dealer is going to have to buy so he can make a profit. Expect dealer offers of 30% less at a gun show. If you find somebody walking around with hundred-dollar bills in his pocket you might get lucky.

Best bet is one of the major firearms auction sites, or a fixed price listing like GunsAmerica or GunsInternational.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.