Help dating a H&R young america double action .32 revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Frost27, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Frost27

Frost27 New Member

I recently bought a H&R .32 young america double action revolver from a buddy who didnt really know anything about it. so ive been doing some online research from my phone and have hit lil leads mainly from this website. but I need help dating it. it has a 2 inch octagon shaped barrel with "H&R ARMS COMPANY" then under that it has "WORCESTER MASS U.S.A" on the top left side of the octagon. on the top it says "YOUNG AMERICA" under that "DOUBLE ACTION" the problem is the s/n is under the pistol grip on the left and its 2771, and no where else do I see it. its nickle plated but good bit of it is starting to wear off. im thinking its from 1905 or 1906 bc of where the s/n are and I read volume 1 varation 1 they are only there. am I on the right track or hit dead end. I will try to post pictures from my phone.