The Firearms Forum banner

Help for the Taurus 85 View.

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Plinked 
#1 ·
A shooter did not design this gun. The concept is good but the design needs help. Since Taurus can't be contacted online, I'm posting some opportunities for improvement on our site. Maybe someone at Taurus will get wind of this post.

Suggestions:
1) Get rid of the silly plastic sideplate and replace it with a metal sideplate Who cares if you can see linkage moving? Your eyes should be on the target, not the side of the gun. Fire someone in the Sales and marketing department for this gimmick and warn whoever approved it.

2) Extend the ejector rod to the end of the barrel. It won't be catastrophic to the weight of the gun. It will help when you have to pick the empty cases out with your fingernails.

3) Put Delta-style grips on the gun so the gun will not be the cause of premature arthritis. Click on this link: http://ergogrips.net/products/delta-grip.html

4) Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the show?

#3 ·
they won't listen. Taurus comes up with a few new designs, most of them I don't care for, but once in a while they get a winner like the Judge that keeps them going for a bit.
The Curve and the View are just dumb designs IMHO

#4 ·
dont knock the View! its a Obummersized production made just for the "GANGSTA" grip! using the "GANGSTA" grip allows the shooter to see the linkage drop on his target, thereby improving the "TOTAL" ambush experience! (JUST dont tell them it may make them miss more often..but then its all about the POPING the CAP on the MUTHA isnit..)

#5 ·
The view targets small and concealed. It would make a good ankle gun or back up.....

#6 ·
I apologize for not including an image of this mess.

With a little (or any at all) more thought, this would be "hot," I would buy one.

Add my improvements Taurus, I'll place my order.

P,S. Have you thinned out your "sales and marketing" department yet Taurus?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.