Help from you ATV guys!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Txquadhunter, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

I'm looking for A big bore kit or High compression piston for this beast. It's a 2008 Honda 420 Rancher.

Ive been searching high and low the last few days with no luck. Found a few forums where some guys are working on some.

Maybe some of y'all can help refresh my memory on some piston brands. here are a few i could remember:

JE pistons
    Wisco
    CD pistons.

[​IMG]
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Cant help you much since I am a Polaris man but the that thing looks like it is gonna be a muddin machine. I would guess though that some of the after market stuff for a 400 4trax would work on that one. I'd check cam and crank sizes to see if they are the same.If they are then go with one of those big aftermarket honda cams for it. As far as piston I have always used Wisco. They are tough as nails till a valve smacks into it.
  3. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Big, I've already searched other ATV's. The 500 Foreman has the same stroke just a bigger bore. Just can't find any info if they'll interchange. Some reason they haven't started making the kits yet.

I've just got a stock 420. I couldn't afford doing that to mine. this one is a Buddy of mine.

It should be a mudder. It'd go before all the lift. It had a standered lift, gear reduction, HMF and HMF porgramer 29.5" outlaws then.

now it's all above plus bored .15, 12" lift and IRS.
  4. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

TxQuadhunter: I would go the Wiseco route & buy larger jugs & be done w/ it. Since there seems to be a hole where your model quad is concerned, the only other thing would be to have custom pistons made from billet bar stock & by the time you pay for those.... you woulda been able to pay for the above Wiseco kit & some new Vampires. Or, you could just wait until someone makes a kit for a Honda 420.

Just my .02 :)

SR

Wiseco
    4899M09600 $203.87 96.00mm STD Compression Ratio - Actual: 12:1
    Displacement: 450cc
    Dome Type: Domed
    Skirt Coating: Moly
    Stroke: 62.00mm

4905M09600 $224.27 96.00mm STD Compression Ratio - Actual: 13.5:1
    Displacement: 450cc
    Skirt Coating: Moly
    Stroke: 62.00mm
    Notes: Lateral Gas Ported
  5. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Knew the custom route and $$. I seen those pistons for the 450 foreman. Just the 07+ can't find much for them. mainly find big bore v-twin parts. He's got almost year til the next mud nat's he's trying to get the bigger cc ready for.

He wouldn't run a set of Vampire's after he' s ran those outlaw's.

Both are to aggressive for me. My swamplite's are all I need.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009