Help ID a 22 Pistol

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ChrisVin, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ChrisVin

ChrisVin New Member

About 40 years ago my father had a 22 pistol that looked like a Beretta 950 with a short barrel and had a longer barrel the could be replaced by twisting or screwing on the other barrel. It then looked like a Beretta 950 with the long barrel. Would anyone have any ideal what pistol this may have been? Thanks

Chris
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Pics would help alot if you got any..
  3. ChrisVin

ChrisVin New Member

I don't have any pictures and we don't know what happen to the pistol My dad died 20 years ago so I'm not able to ask him. I talked to my older brothers and they didn't know what it was.
  4. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

The only thing that comes to mind is the Astra Cub. It was about the same size as a Beretta 950, and there was a version in 22 Short with a long barrel. I have no idea if they were sold with 2 barrels, but they very well might have been; the basic design was quite suitable for that. You can probably see one if you do a Google image search. HTH!
  5. ChrisVin

ChrisVin New Member

You may be right. I couldn't find that they ever came with both barrels but after reading how to take-down the Astra Cub it looked like if you had a Astra Cub Camper barrel, it could be used to extend the Cub. The way it described how it worked, it sounded like what I remember. Thanks for your help.

Chris