Help ID this 32 Auto

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by whitesquirrel44, Jul 19, 2006.

1. whitesquirrel44

whitesquirrel44 New Member

Can any one identify this 32 auto pistol? It looks like a Browning or FN, 1910 or 1922 but the slide catch/safety is in front of the grip instead of behind it. The slide has some markings but I can't make out anything. The serial number is easy to see and there are some numbers on the frame but that's it. I need some grips and can't use the Browning because the screw is in the wrong place.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Not sure, but could it be a savage? Been looking around and I do not think so! :eek:
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

IMHO it's a Spanish pre-WWII knockoff. Many of these cheap pistols flooded the world market in those days.
  4. whitesquirrel44

whitesquirrel44 New Member

How cheap? It shoots good. What does IMHO mean?
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Not sure of the value, usually <$100. IMHO = In My Honest or Humble Opinion.
  6. sarzak

sarzak New Member

this is an eibar. see if you can make out the name ALKAR on the left side of the slide. i think thats what it is.
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I agree with Wonderwhippet and Sarzak that this is a Spanish copy of the Model 1910 FN/Browning.

During the years from WWI until the Spanish Civil War there were literally hundreds of small gun makers in the Eibar Region of Spain.....it was virtually a cottage industry. They turned out copies of various early Browning design automatics as well as copies of various Colt & S&W revolvers.

They varied in quality, but all have one thing in common......almost none of them had parts that would interchange......and none of them have parts that are available today.

I'm afraid that your chances of finding grips for this gun are slim to none.....soooooooo....I'd suggest that you find some nice wood and start whittling. :D