Help ID this gun and value please....

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by have2rotties, Oct 25, 2006.

1. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Gilbert, AZ
    Not sure what it is. The only writing on it is the words, "Systeme" above "Efaucheux" on the barrel and a circle with E above LG above a star on the cylinder.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks,
    -J-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sarzak

sarzak New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    definitely "lefauchex" type pinfire revolver. appears to be missing extracter rod. please post picture looking down barrel. could it be missing front sight on barrel? i am looking through some books and so far cannot come up w/ anything definitive. these were made in france, belgium, austrohungary and spain and often do not have a makers mark. probably made between 1850 and 1870ish

3. BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    The Great Northwest
    Has the Belgian proof mark. Probably a "cottage Industry" gun.

4. sarzak

sarzak New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    here is my guess. rolland and renault of liege belgium. missing fore sight(?) and ejector rod. i have no clue what it may be worth. it is pretty old.

5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

6. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thanks for the info everyone. Paid $40.00 for it at a garage sale. It will make a nice wall hanger conversation piece.
    -J-

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006