Help ID this shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Okiak, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Okiak

Okiak New Member

My wife bought this side by side at an auction in Japan. I need to ID it in order to get an import permit. I'll attach a picture of the action and the proofs marked on the barrel.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Okiak

Okiak New Member

This must be a tough one. The gun is in the Armory, but I'll try to pull it out and take a few more pictures of it. The crown proof resembles the Birmingham proof without any lower figure. Not sure what the STFEL means.

The long serial number that begins with 44121 is the Japanese registration #.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Are those the only markings? I am stumped. Double guns have been made in Japan, but I know nothing of their proof system or markings.

Would just "STFEL 12 gauge double" and "Country of Origin - Japan" be enough ID for import purposes? I doubt you will get much more.

Lotsa luck.

Jim