1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Help Identfy 22 Trainer

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Moskovskyya
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/24/02 3:23:28 pm)
    Reply Help Identfy 22 Trainer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I picked up a 22 single shot trainer today. It's the same length and weight, same general size as an M39 Finn. It have a "very" bull barrel with a non elevation adjustable rear sight, bu has windage. There is a button in front of the front blade that can be pushed and the blade will easily slide out for replacement with a taller / shorter blade. The receiver marking is a box that looks like the end of a house, flat on the botton, 2 vertical walls and a house top on the box.

UMC
    CUGIR

is stamped inside the box. On the aft receiver there is a stamping that has a vertical oval arrangment with leaves on the sides. There is an airplane propeller, a rifle and 2 arrows crossing at the pivot of the propeller.

It's parkerized, and the outside of the trigger guard is checkered. The safety is exactly the same as a Mauser 98, and bolt handle bent.

The guy I got it from said it was Romanian, but now that I look closer, I don't know, can you help?

Thanks for thinking!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/24/02 8:05:37 pm)
    Reply Re: Help Identfy 22 Trainer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe it is what you were told. They command a much higher price than the five shot trainers and you see them from time to time from CIA and I would bet it is marked with their import stamp somewhere. The trainers (5 shot) use the same type of safety too. A picture of the receiver would help, but I`m willing to bet it is as you were told. LTS