Help identify a H&R revolver.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Kafootball61, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Kafootball61

Kafootball61 New Member

I have bought a H&R revolver, it is a 9 shot .22 cal. I believe it is a snub nose? Barrel 3 in. Give or take, it has "pat 190473" on the revolver and the inside of the grip has "B6351" I paid 75 dollars. How did I do if anyone has any ideas?
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Kafootball61,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Hmmm that's a tough one - need a couple answers:
    Is it a break action/hinged frame or a solid frame with pull-pin cylinder removal?
    Measure the barrel from the front face of the cylinder to the muzzle end of the barrel.
    What is stamped into the barrel rib, left and/or right sides of the barrel?
    The patent # covers the "Rice" type frame with one piece mono-grip. "B" prefix indicates year of manufacture as 1941.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  3. rraaww

rraaww New Member

4. rraaww

rraaww New Member

I believe it is an H & R 911, probable 40 + years old. Mine was stolen on Thanksgiving and I want to rteplace it. What would you take for it, if it's in good shape.
    Ron
  5. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Gosh, Gentleman Jim, you don't even have to research it, rraaww just did all your work for you:D:D:D
  6. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

RJay, I would agree with you...if there appeared to be any such thing as an H&R model 911. I don't recall ever hearing of one, and a Google search turns up only Porsche 911's.

rraaww, did your Porsche get stolen, or did you have an H&R 922? And if the latter, why do you think that is what Kafootball has?
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  7. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

I don't know anything about an H&R Model 911.
  8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

And that is why I put the little similes, I couldn't find the sarcasm icon. Mr. rraaww was unaware that if Jim couldn't identify it without a picture, no one else was likely to.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  9. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

:banghead::dontknow::yikes:RJAY,
    Right back atcha:confused:
  10. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Sorry, Rjay. I saw an internet auction for Colt Police Positive, starting at $500 with no pictures, and my sarcasm detector blew up.