Help Identify this bayonet please!

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by TomInLA, Jul 14, 2012.

1. TomInLA

TomInLA New Member

I would like to see if anyone here can help me identify this bayonet...

It is very similar to picture I have seen (on the net) of a 1941 Spanish Bolo, however, there a couple of differences, so I am not sure. Most of those I saw indicated that a logo of FN over toledo with a four digit number and letter on the opposit side of the blade. Mine does have the FN logo, but it is super-imposed over a T (does not say Toledo), and the number on the opposite side is 72 over an F (I think it is an F anyway). Those 4 digit ones were supposedly for a mauser rifle, perhaps mine is the same type, just made for a different weapon, or perhaps from a different time frame. It is just under 15" overall length, with a blade length of 10-5/8". The scabbard is steel and yes there is a dent in that (see pic below) however it still slides in all the way, and is very snug in the scabbard when the hilt of the blade engages the scabbard. I am reluctant to try and clean the thing for better clarity without some guidelines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I am specifically interested in the date of manufacture, Country of origin, intended weapon use, and if possible, an estimate of it's value. Thanks in advance!!!

Attached Files:

2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Clear photo of markings, please.
  3. RJay

RJay Active Member

Certainly looks like a 1941 Spanish bayonet.
  4. TomInLA

TomInLA New Member

Thanks for your help guys! Sorry for the delay. Had to wait for my better half with a better camera to get the detailed shots you requested. Here they are:

Attached Files: