1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Help Identify this bayonet please!

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by TomInLA, Jul 14, 2012.

1. TomInLA

TomInLA New Member

I would like to see if anyone here can help me identify this bayonet...

It is very similar to picture I have seen (on the net) of a 1941 Spanish Bolo, however, there a couple of differences, so I am not sure. Most of those I saw indicated that a logo of FN over toledo with a four digit number and letter on the opposit side of the blade. Mine does have the FN logo, but it is super-imposed over a T (does not say Toledo), and the number on the opposite side is 72 over an F (I think it is an F anyway). Those 4 digit ones were supposedly for a mauser rifle, perhaps mine is the same type, just made for a different weapon, or perhaps from a different time frame. It is just under 15" overall length, with a blade length of 10-5/8". The scabbard is steel and yes there is a dent in that (see pic below) however it still slides in all the way, and is very snug in the scabbard when the hilt of the blade engages the scabbard. I am reluctant to try and clean the thing for better clarity without some guidelines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I am specifically interested in the date of manufacture, Country of origin, intended weapon use, and if possible, an estimate of it's value. Thanks in advance!!!

Attached Files:

2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Clear photo of markings, please.
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Certainly looks like a 1941 Spanish bayonet.
  4. TomInLA

TomInLA New Member

Thanks for your help guys! Sorry for the delay. Had to wait for my better half with a better camera to get the detailed shots you requested. Here they are:

Attached Files: