Help identifying 22 Cal. rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by MFMIFM, Nov 16, 2008.

1. MFMIFM

MFMIFM New Member

Hi, I have a unique .22 cal. break apart single shot rifle and I want to know more about it. I have been told that it is a US navy survival rifle used on rafts in WW II. It doesn’t have a manufactures mark on it but it does a serial number B32922 on the stock. The stock is metal as well is the barrel. The only other writing on it is CAL .22-S-L-LR. If you knows who made the firearm of know if I could look up the serial number, please let me know.

I've attached two pictures, at least I hope I did.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It's a Bronco. I think your friend is thinking of the M6 survival gun http://www.survival-gear-guide.com/M6-Survival-Rifle.html Also an all-metal gun. Folds completely in half, instead of coming down. Designed for pilots.

I found a refence to Bronco being a trade name used by Firearms International, in the early 70s, for single shot rifles and shotguns. Don't know if that is the manufacturer, 'cause there was no picture with my reference.

Update. Just found this. https://www.midwayusa.com/guntecdictionary.exe/termlisting?TermID=2547 Made in Italy, and imported by Garcia.
  3. daleeddie

daleeddie New Member

Look on the inside lib of the but plate and you will find the importers name
  4. daleeddie

daleeddie New Member

that same gun also was made in a 410 I have one of each. I bought them back in the 1960's for about $15.00 each I think? that was a long time ago. I did see a 410 model at a gun show last week and they wanted $75.00 for it. I just laughfed