Help identifying a H&R 32 S&W CTGE Top Break Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by s_gant275t, Jun 2, 2011.

1. s_gant275t

s_gant275t New Member

I got this pistol from my father and would like to get some more information on its manufacture date

The top of the pistol behind the front sight has

Harrington & Richardson Arms Co
    WORCESTER, MASS U.S.A.

On the left side of the barrel is 32 S&W CTGE

The number on the cylinder is 10

The serial number is 41 80 10

The pistol is nickel plated and the grips are hard black rubber with a target logo

The barrel length is 3.25 inches
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Because of the high serial number (400K+) I'm going to assume it has an exposed hammer????
    If so-
    It's a 3rd Model "AUTOMATIC EJECTING", no patent dates, with MASS. (abreviated) it's a 3rd Variation made sometime in the 1913 to 1915 time frame.
    Nickel plated, with 3 1/4" barrel and black hard rubber, "Target Logo" grip panels makes it the "standard" issue. It was made to handle smokeless powder loaded .32 S&W or .32 S&W Long FACTORY loaded cartridges.
    Here's a pic of what your's should look like, except this one has a blued finish:

IMG_1877_4.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  3. s_gant275t

s_gant275t New Member

Mine does have an exposed hammer. Thanks for your help with this Jim. Now all I need to do is replace one of the grips.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member