1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Help identifying a muzzle loader

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by pumfe, Oct 30, 2012.

1. pumfe

pumfe New Member

Help identifying a muzzleloader

Hello, all! This gun was handed down to me by my father, who received it from his father, who received it from his father. Other than that, I know nothing about this gun. It appears to be in fair to good condition, and has never been cleaned or oiled or anything to that effect.

I am able to make out some letters on a side plate, but it doesn't seem to make any sense. I've posted some pics; hopefully some knowledgeable enthusiast can give me some background. I have additional pics I can post in another submission (I was limited to four pics).

Thanks for looking!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. pumfe

pumfe New Member

additional photos

Attached Files:

3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The lock says Leman Lanctr Pa. I've never seen a Leman with a back action lock like this one has. The lock if a genuine Leman should have two sections of curly cue scroll work. The barrel should be marked Leman Lancaster Pa behind the rear sight.
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member