Help identifying a muzzle loader

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by pumfe, Oct 30, 2012.

1. pumfe

pumfe New Member

Help identifying a muzzleloader

Hello, all! This gun was handed down to me by my father, who received it from his father, who received it from his father. Other than that, I know nothing about this gun. It appears to be in fair to good condition, and has never been cleaned or oiled or anything to that effect.

I am able to make out some letters on a side plate, but it doesn't seem to make any sense. I've posted some pics; hopefully some knowledgeable enthusiast can give me some background. I have additional pics I can post in another submission (I was limited to four pics).

Thanks for looking!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. pumfe

pumfe New Member

additional photos

Attached Files:

3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The lock says Leman Lanctr Pa. I've never seen a Leman with a back action lock like this one has. The lock if a genuine Leman should have two sections of curly cue scroll work. The barrel should be marked Leman Lancaster Pa behind the rear sight.
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member